Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Please take time out to look at this.  (Read 2132 times)

waterbuffalofarmer

• Joined Apr 2014
  • Mid Wales
  • Owner of 61 Mediterranean water buffaloes
Please take time out to look at this.
« on: September 15, 2015, 12:40:18 pm »
http://www.gofundme.com/qa3dyt44
Please everyone take a minute to look at this, an donate if possible, and share on social media
Cheers
the most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness, loving concern.

Mickey

• Joined Jul 2012
  • Dumfries & Galloway
Re: Please take time out to look at this.
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2015, 02:37:15 pm »
Sorry, wish I could feel more positive but the majority are economic migrants who are getting in the way of those that genuinely need our help. Syrian embassies are now selling Syrian passports with thousands sold in Jordan recently.  Add to that the 'fake' passport trade and it gets even worse http://www.politico.eu/article/migration-fake-syrian-passports-asylum-request-frontex/

Kitchen Cottage

• Joined Oct 2012
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2015, 03:13:43 pm »
I am sorry, but these are economic migrants.  You do not get to choose your safe haven.  Your safe haven is the first safe country you arrive at.  This is going to turn into a generational nightmare, and a precedent for other war torn countries if a concerted approach isn't taken.

Bex

• Joined Aug 2014
  • Wales
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2015, 03:47:16 pm »
I disagree.  :(

Although I concede that with the amount of refugees needing help, now is a less than helpful time for economic migrants to be heading this way, I do believe it's entirely understandable that they would take advantage of the situation and think anyone in their shoes would do the same.

The media would have you believe that economic migration is the devils work. Why? These are people that want to work, they just want to be paid a reasonable wage for it and not have to live in abject poverty while breaking their backs in unsafe work environments.

It's so easy to forget how well off we are in this part of the world. I know what it's like to have no idea how you are going to afford your next meal and not being able to heat your house. But that house keeps the rain off me. I have warm cloths to put on and a duvet to hide under when it's cold. I have charities that would feed me if I had nothing to eat. I have water piped into my house (it's a rare thing indeed that they would cut off your water even for non-payment) and I have a government that will help financially, even just a little bit (most of the time).

We can't begin to understand what many of these people have to endure in their lives and to coin a phrase - There but for the grace of God, go we.
Why, by sheer accident of birth should we be entitled to these things and not them? Why is the particular bit of land that we were born onto more worthy than the bit they were born onto?

Don't believe everything you read in the papers. Precious few of these people are here to exploit the benefit system. They simply want the chance of a safe and comfortable life for themselves and their families.

Politics and religion aside, I cannot understand how anyone can watch the footage of these people on the news and not feel compassion. It genuinely breaks my heart every time I see it  :'(. There is good and bad everywhere and there will always be an element that will exploit a situation for their own gain but most are just regular people at the end of the day. Like you and I.
Little bugs have lesser bugs upon their backs to bite 'em. And lesser bugs have lesser bugs and so ad infinitum!

Caroline1

• Joined Nov 2014
  • Cambridgeshire
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2015, 05:10:16 pm »
Good for you for actually doing something to help others, I am so fed up of people mouthing off on facebook about this issue without fully doing their research. They are coming from a war zone and trying to get a better life for themselves, something most of us would probably do in a similar situation. Whilst I don't think the UK should just open their doors blindly, we can't turn away either.
________
Caroline

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS