Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Someone wants my kids .....  (Read 2019 times)

Roxy

• Joined May 2009
  • Peak District
    • festivalcarriages.co.uk
Someone wants my kids .....
« on: March 21, 2010, 11:30:54 pm »
Primrose and Poppy.  I would not let them go anyway until 12 weeks old.  But not sure yet if I want to sell them on.  They are looking as if they will make good sized nannies, which is what I like.  Although its finding a billy goat when they are ready to get in kid, bit thin on the ground round here.  Obviously my billy is no use as he is their dad.

Lady wants to swap me two British Alpine nannies for them, which would suit as I could get them in kid to my British Alpine billy ......

And got people wanting little Barney, the castrated pygmy boy too!!  I think he will be staying, as he will be useful as a companion to his pygmy dad

ballingall

• Joined Sep 2008
  • Avonbridge, Falkirk
Re: Someone wants my kids .....
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2010, 11:41:16 pm »
Well, it's always nice to know you have homes for them, isn't it. A bit difficult when you want to keep them though!

Will you wait a while to decide?

Beth

Roxy

• Joined May 2009
  • Peak District
    • festivalcarriages.co.uk
Re: Someone wants my kids .....
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2010, 11:46:33 pm »
Yes, Beth.  Obviously if you kid a lot of goats its impossible to keep them all, isn't it!!  But I do want to get back to keeping my bigger dairy goats again.  The pygmy goats are fine,  and the pygmy x ones are ok too, but in all honesty they are not milking goats.  Jasmine who has the two nanny kids has plenty of milk about her, which is pleasing me, so if the two girls follow her udder wise that would be good!!!

I am hopeful they will come out bigger than her, as Paddy is a big strapping lad :D

There again size is not everything - as I found out when one of my BS nannies grew enormous.  She turned out to be a non breeder, although we milked her every summer.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS