Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: FS Registered Shetland Tup (Scottish Borders)  (Read 2825 times)

shankendfarming

• Joined Nov 2013
  • Hawick, Scottish Borders
FS Registered Shetland Tup (Scottish Borders)
« on: September 05, 2015, 06:34:03 pm »
Shankend Balach is a registered black gulmoget Shetland shearling tup. He was born on the 6th of May 2014. His sire is Eckford Louie and his dam is Shielhope Mull.

He was used on 2 gimmers last year so he is proven.

Price £60

Hopefully a photo will be attached to this post...

For more information please email shankendfarming@gmail.com

Roxy

• Joined May 2009
  • Peak District
    • festivalcarriages.co.uk
Re: FS Registered Shetland Tup (Scottish Borders)
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2015, 02:01:35 pm »
 :I have some of last years Gotland ewes and would like to cross them with a Shetland (my Gotland is their Father)  Doubt my husband will let me use fuel to come all that way unfortunately

shankendfarming

• Joined Nov 2013
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2015, 05:46:58 pm »
Im not up on my geography, but I am guessing you are quite far south?

You could always have a holiday in Scotland...(its sunny in the Borders atm, which is a novelty this year!) :-)

Anke

• Joined Dec 2009
  • St Boswells, Scottish Borders
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2015, 07:56:11 pm »
Roxy - as you will not be able to register any offspring from a Gotland x Shetland mating it really doesn't matter if you get a registered tup or not. I would go by the fleece quality and avoid white, and you could end up with lovely fleece animals.

Sorry Shankend, not trying to but into your thread... unfortunately I am not breeding my Shetlands this year due to loss of grazing..., but would have been interested otherwise.

shankendfarming

• Joined Nov 2013
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2015, 08:11:18 pm »
No worries Anke, I don't know any breeders down in the Peak District who have registered or unregistered Shetlands so I cant suggest anyone to Roxy.

Sorry to hear about your loss of grazing - I am soon to be in a similar predicament, so can sympathise with you. Hope you find some more land soon :-)

Roxy

• Joined May 2009
  • Peak District
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2015, 01:41:34 pm »
All the Shetland sheep I have seen advertised seem to be on the Scottish Borders for some reason!!  I have a lovely coloured Shetland, but unfortunately he is castrated.  I am not bothered about whether the tup is registered or not.  Although the parents of my ewes are registered, I have not registered the offspring.

shankendfarming

• Joined Nov 2013
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2015, 07:05:24 pm »
All the Shetland sheep I have seen advertised seem to be on the Scottish Borders for some reason!!

Yeah Roxy there does seem to be a lot of Shetlands in the Scottish Borders that are for sale at the moment! There appears to be more local to me breeders than I thought!

Roxy

• Joined May 2009
  • Peak District
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2015, 11:56:06 pm »
I am going to view a tup - not the Scottish Borders!!....well, there are two actually.  and they have offered me both. 

shankendfarming

• Joined Nov 2013
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2015, 05:25:58 pm »
Tup is now sold :-)

Thanks for looking.

I still have for sale Highland bullocks, Herdwick wether and ewe lambs, Scottish Blackface ewe lambs and Hebridean wether lambs - all detailed in other posts

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS