Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: WANTED Registered Gotland Ram to hire  (Read 2112 times)

ewe crazy

• Joined Jun 2015
WANTED Registered Gotland Ram to hire
« on: September 03, 2015, 06:44:32 pm »
Does anybody have a registered Gotland ram I could hire for six weeks from end of November/beginning of December for my ten Gotland gimmers in the North or North/East of Scotland area?

Roxy

• Joined May 2009
  • Peak District
    • festivalcarriages.co.uk
Re: WANTED Registered Gotland Ram to hire
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2015, 12:55:28 am »
Hi,  I have a Gotland ram, but not much use to you as I am down in Derbyshire, but last September I sold a ram lamb to a lady in Aberdeenshire.  She does not come on the forum, but think the smallholder from next door to her does, and she may see your request.....but maybe that is too far for you as well.  From what I could gather, Gotland rams seemed in short supply in Scotland at the time.  This year, we had all ewe lamb!!

Roxy

• Joined May 2009
  • Peak District
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2015, 12:56:51 am »
I have sent you a message!

Brucklay

• Joined Apr 2010
  • Perthshire
    • Brucklay Pygmy Goats
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2015, 02:30:48 pm »
Yes - it's my neighbour that has the gotland ram and I think she may well consider renting him out - I will ask her and get back to you Ewe Crazy - we're Maud AB42
Pygmy Goats, Shetland Sheep, Zip & Indie the Border Collies, BeeBee the cat and a wreak of a building to renovate!!

Roxy

• Joined May 2009
  • Peak District
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2015, 01:45:45 pm »
How is the Gotland ram Buckley?  Had forgotten who it was who lived nearby!!  Did he father any lambs last time?

Brucklay

• Joined Apr 2010
  • Perthshire
    • Brucklay Pygmy Goats
    • Facebook
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2015, 04:33:25 pm »
Yes he did produce this year - but there was a bit of bad luck as the ewe died and the lambs had to be had reared, ewe and ram lamb, but doing well. Hence the reason why the ram could go out to rent.

I spoke to Helen today and I believe she has been in touch with the lady asking for the ram but Helen still hasn't got any registration information for the ram - could you help out with that Roxy - could you PM me the procedure, what she will need etc - thanks
Pygmy Goats, Shetland Sheep, Zip & Indie the Border Collies, BeeBee the cat and a wreak of a building to renovate!!

Roxy

• Joined May 2009
  • Peak District
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2015, 05:51:24 pm »
Oh goodness I forgot all about this.  I did the blood test I remember doing it.  I never gave it another thought and obviously. Did notvreceive anything back.
Must have never got there.

I will Pm you the details as Helen will have to do the blood sample herself.

Shame about the ewe.  I know Helen did not have many Gotlands but thoughtvshe had a few more ewes.  I would let her have a ewe but all mine are sisters ti hers.  Had all ewe lambs this time

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS