Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Dress Sticks/Crooks  (Read 2547 times)

shankendfarming

• Joined Nov 2013
  • Hawick, Scottish Borders
Dress Sticks/Crooks
« on: August 22, 2015, 08:40:15 pm »
 I have for sale 3 dress sticks made by my father. The wood used is all sourced locally in the Scottish Borders, but the horn used is bought in.

1) A thumb stick, which is made from a hazel stick and the top is made from antler from a roe deer. Height to the thumb groove is 1.41m. Price is £50 plus postage

2) A buffalo horn stick, which is also made from a hazel stick. The total height of the stick is 1.33m. Price is £60 plus postage.

3) A carved wooden stick which has a squirrel carved into the chestnut wood of the handle. The shaft like the other 2 is hazel. The total height of this stick is 1.45m. Price is £75 plus postage.

I am unable to attach any photos due to the file sizes being too big, so for any more information or photos please email me at shankendfarming@gmail.com

Thanks
Kate

shankendfarming

• Joined Nov 2013
Re: Dress Sticks/Crooks
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2015, 08:49:22 pm »
Hopefully there will be some photos attached now... ... ...

fiestyredhead331

• Joined Sep 2012
  • NW Highlands
    • Facebook
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2015, 09:43:48 pm »
nice work  :thumbsup:

love the buffalo stick.....christmas is coming and I've been dropping hints like mad  :innocent:
keeper of goats, sheep, pigs, ducks, chickens, turkeys, dogs, cats, goldfish and children, just don't ask me which is the most work!

Carse Goodlifers

• Joined Oct 2013
  • Perthshire
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2015, 10:03:19 pm »
They look great.  I'm hoping to try my hand at making some this winter from wood only.

shankendfarming

• Joined Nov 2013
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2015, 06:01:52 pm »
Hi Carse Goodlifers. I hope you enjoy having a go at stick dressing. My dad started out with wood and then progressed to horns and antlers. There is a stick dressing class both at the local High School and in the nearest village - perhaps there are local classes near you?

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS