Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Older companion goat needed, Herefordshire  (Read 1916 times)

Tree Farmer

• Joined Mar 2012
  • Herefordshire
Older companion goat needed, Herefordshire
« on: August 20, 2015, 12:17:24 pm »
Hi everyone,

This is a bit of a vague request but I am posting it for a 'friend of a friend'. My landlord at work (an ex-goat keeper himself) has asked me if I know anyone looking to rehome an older, easy going goat - a friend of his has just lost one of his two goats and the remaining goat, an older nanny, is lonely. (I think she is an AN)

This is all second hand but apparently the person looking is very nice and trustworthy - a retired doctor and his wife who live in Ledbury, Herefordshire and have a bit of land.

The only requirements really are that the goat be fairly easy going, and de-horned. They don't want a milking nanny, and I don't think a kid would be appropriate. An older wether would probably be fine?

They haven't mentioned money but I am assuming they would pay, my landlord said (and I quote) "they're not short of a penny or two"...!

Anyway, again, sorry this is vague. I don't really even like asking when I know so little, but I said I'd put it out there. I have already tried my local goat club and no joy.

If anyone has a goat 'going spare' they think might like a new home in Ledbury, email me your name and number and I'll just pass it on to them - you can have a chat directly, as this is all I know really.

Thanks,
Charlotte
« Last Edit: August 20, 2015, 12:18:57 pm by Tree Farmer »

Peter and Timmys mum

• Joined May 2016
Re: Older companion goat needed, Herefordshire
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2017, 08:33:57 am »
Hi, i have to rehome all of mine due to having to sell up and move away, I have 7 in total, all very friendly and loving.  I am happy to separate into little groups if that is needed
thanks

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS