Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Wolf Garten Hoe/Tiller  (Read 2285 times)

Deere

• Joined Jun 2012
  • Peak District
Wolf Garten Hoe/Tiller
« on: August 20, 2015, 10:39:06 am »
Ive just been out and bought one of these beauties and ive got to say im very impressed!

Ive recently changed jobs and my new position involves me looking after a large polytunnel and an even bigger outdoor growing area. 
This combined with a couple of gardening jobs made me look towards finding something other than an ordinary hoe.

Has anyone else used one or something similar?
Im also interested in peoples thoughts on the other attachments people have for them.
Pedigree Ryelands, Charolais cross Mules

pgkevet

• Joined Jul 2011
Re: Wolf Garten Hoe/Tiller
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2015, 01:57:53 pm »
I've got soem italian brand rotorvator which does the job well enough..probably designed for chopping up mafia enemies and using them as fertilizer. But it is hard work to do my veggie patch in the spring and i ust after a pto rotorvator for my tractor..it'd do the whole patch in 20 mins instead of days of vibrating arms and muddy feet.
I'd still need the small one thugh...the best way of running between the spud rows before raking up for earthing. For general weed control i have to leave a wide enough gap between rows. This year i got caught out again and weeds got out of control.. so it's slow hand weeding again between many of them - a limit to how close to carrots etc you can run a tiller

Scotsdumpy

• Joined Jul 2012
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2015, 02:13:31 pm »
Im a big fan of wolf garten tools and have quite a few. Ive got one of these and is very useful when I prepare seed beds. I use a larger wheel hoe for weeding but this year the weeds have taken over again.....

DavidandCollette

• Joined Dec 2012
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2015, 09:09:34 pm »
I think that's the one my wife uses. She has a bad back and finds it really helpful
We have the small hoe attachment as well. They all seem to be really useful

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS