Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Footpath issues....again  (Read 6219 times)

stufe35

• Joined Jan 2013
Re: Footpath issues....again
« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2015, 01:50:39 pm »
Kimbo,

Why does your neighbour hate the footpath/walkers so much ?

The limitations of having a footpath across your land are well known and documented...surely she knew the footpath was there when she bought the field and in doing so excepted its existence  ?

If she hates footpaths/walkers so much she should not have bought the field....or perhaps it was forced on her by inheritance ?... poor thing.

If she wants to be rid of it she can fence it to separate it from the field ?.
Check this out.............http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/earth/10820038/Landowner-stops-ramblers-straying-onto-his-property-by-erecting-300ft-long-metal-fence.html
« Last Edit: August 18, 2015, 02:07:11 pm by stufe35 »

Me

• Joined Feb 2014
  • Wild West
« Reply #16 on: August 18, 2015, 01:57:28 pm »
shoot the walkers,

Question is does anyone know if walkers can be classed as vermin for the purposes of shooting ?

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES!  :thumbsup:

pharnorth

• Joined Nov 2013
  • Cambridgeshire
« Reply #17 on: August 18, 2015, 02:27:39 pm »
Big gap between those without property for whom property is theft so they walk where they like and those with property who regard anyone walking on their property as theft. Big gap best filled with a big ditch or better for all by a bit more mutual respect. Fortunately the latter prevails in most places most of the time.

Thyme

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Machynlleth, Powys
« Reply #18 on: August 18, 2015, 02:28:53 pm »
shoot the walkers,

Question is does anyone know if walkers can be classed as vermin for the purposes of shooting ?

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES!  :thumbsup:

[member=41540]Porterlauren[/member] is going to need a larger dog :thinking:

(seriously I support walkers, but think it would be good if it were easier to apply common sense to sorting out rerouting some historical footpaths that are now just silly and/or high risk)
Shetland sheep, Copper Marans chickens, Miniature Silver Appleyard ducks, and ginger cats.

Kimbo

• Joined Feb 2015
  • Anglezarke, Lancashire
« Reply #19 on: August 18, 2015, 06:10:12 pm »
My neighbour didn't buy the land the footpath is on. In fact she doesn't actually own the land at all...... it belongs to her husband's family. I think she just subscribes to the theory that its not their land so they shouldn't be on there.... full stop. She also has a VERY aggressive dog that she usually keeps chained up ( poor thing) but she lets it off the chain and opens her gates when its a Bank Holiday so that it can dash out to attack poor dogs walking by.
Are you starting to see a pattern emerging??!!! I think she might be Me's sister! (Only joking, Me!)
Is it time to retire yet?

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS