Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Wyandotte Bantams Wanted, Aberdeenshire  (Read 1594 times)

Isla

• Joined Aug 2015
  • Aberdeenshire
    • Facebook
Wyandotte Bantams Wanted, Aberdeenshire
« on: August 13, 2015, 10:46:39 am »
We bought a pair of silver laced Wyandotte 'bantams' at the Thainstone mart in May.  As it turns out, the cockerel is a bantam but the hen most certainly is not - she's now twice the size of the cockerel!  Anyway, we're keeping the big girl for her eggs (she laid her first one yesterday) but we'd like to keep the cockerel too and breed as planned.

Any silver laced Wyandotte bantams available in Aberdeenshire?

doricdragons

• Joined Aug 2013
Re: Wyandotte Bantams Wanted, Aberdeenshire
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2015, 08:54:26 am »
Hello Isla, I am in Aberdeenshire too and bought some birds from the Thainstone sale in May this year. I bought Marans, one of which turned out to be blind.

Anyway, I spotted this site the other day, which might be worth trying: http://www.downshep.com/mays/poultry.htm  They are in Newmachar.

Isla

• Joined Aug 2015
  • Aberdeenshire
    • Facebook
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2015, 06:33:38 pm »
Thank you!

clydesdaleclopper

• Joined Aug 2009
  • Aberdeenshire
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2015, 07:18:24 pm »
Hello Isla, I am in Aberdeenshire too and bought some birds from the Thainstone sale in May this year. I bought Marans, one of which turned out to be blind.

Anyway, I spotted this site the other day, which might be worth trying: http://www.downshep.com/mays/poultry.htm  They are in Newmachar.

That is Mays here on TAS
Our holding has Anglo Nubian and British Toggenburg goats, Gotland sheep, Franconian Geese, Blue Swedish ducks, a whole load of mongrel hens and two semi-feral children.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS