Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Moles  (Read 3258 times)

egbert

• Joined Jan 2010
Moles
« on: March 16, 2010, 04:59:42 pm »
Hi

Any ideas how I can get rid of these - they are making huge mounds all over my garden and drive. We have an acre garden, and are surrounded by field on 3 sides and my neighbours on the 4th side. Trapping them seems a cruel way to go.

Ive read about those ground sonic emitters, but in a garden our size I am not sure they would work. Has anyone got them?

Still, they are providing nice earth for the veg plot!

Helencus

• Joined Feb 2010
  • NW Leicestershire
Re: Moles
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2010, 07:03:20 pm »
Hi I have a couple of sonic devices near to the house. They do work but don't cover much of an area. You'd need loads I'd suspect.

garden cottage

• Joined Sep 2008
  • forest of dean
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2010, 08:58:14 pm »
trapping is only option, am considering high explosive as trapping this year has been a disaster, another trick is they hate vibration from lawnmowers so give em hell with the mower ride on is best makes them retreat back into different area, you can use scissor or tunnel traps but even with great success last year their driving me round the bend this time.....................................

Farmer

• Joined May 2009
  • Sidway, Staffordshire
    • Farmeats.com
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2010, 09:59:31 pm »
I've suffered the same problem this year, but solved it by contacting a professional Mole Catcher...caught seven moles on different parts of the garden and farm land and charge was very reasonable...
www.guildofbritishmolecatchers.co.uk

Hope this helps

Farmer,  :farmer:

egbert

• Joined Jan 2010
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2010, 10:31:48 pm »
Thanks Farmer - I never thought of pest control.
Ill have a look.

Farmer

• Joined May 2009
  • Sidway, Staffordshire
    • Farmeats.com
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2010, 06:32:59 am »
You're welcome Egbert...incidently, you should not remove the soil from your garden...push as much back as you can...otherwise the earth will collapse the tunnels and your garden lawn will become rutted and furrowed...a real pain, but worth the effort!

Farmer,  :farmer:

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS