Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Dutch Spotted Sheep  (Read 10231 times)

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
  • Rarely short of an opinion but I mean well
    • Trelay Cohousing Community
Re: Dutch Spotted Sheep
« Reply #15 on: August 06, 2015, 10:01:11 pm »
Thanks [member=10673]SallyintNorth[/member]  :)
Do you need to be a member of Ravelry to read the article as I can't seem to access it.

Yes, you will need to be a member - it's free to join  :)

Don't listen to the money men - they know the price of everything and the value of nothing

Live in a cohousing community with small farm for our own use.  Dairy cows (rearing their own calves for beef), pigs, sheep for meat and fleece, ducks and hens for eggs, veg and fruit growing

ewesaidit

• Joined Aug 2011
« Reply #16 on: August 08, 2015, 09:01:10 am »
Got to be Zwartbles in there surely - white blazes on the heads     Zwartbles also a dutch breed.   Have seen Zwartbles x Dorper sheep in the past (known as the Monsa) and they were similar colouring (Jacob like) but with prettier heads  :-J

namethatsheep

• Joined Jul 2015
« Reply #17 on: August 08, 2015, 08:20:24 pm »
Noted on page 6 of the Sheep Supplement in yesterday's Famers Guardian that five gimmers, a shearling ewe and a tup lamb, all MV accredited, have been imported by Caven Maguire, Blackburn (England). There's a picture of seven rumps and a happy shepherd. Plans are to flush the yearling and implant embryos in Zwartbles. A further 40 are to be imported next year.

nutterly_uts

• Joined Jul 2014
  • Jersey - for now :)
« Reply #18 on: August 08, 2015, 08:39:37 pm »
Noted on page 6 of the Sheep Supplement in yesterday's Famers Guardian that five gimmers, a shearling ewe and a tup lamb, all MV accredited, have been imported by Caven Maguire, Blackburn (England). There's a picture of seven rumps and a happy shepherd. Plans are to flush the yearling and implant embryos in Zwartbles. A further 40 are to be imported next year.

One of the FB posts I saw was looking for buyers to share the cost of bringing some over. If they breed them pure (or as pure as you can..!) I might be interested in a couple - will keep an eye and ear out

Kimbo

• Joined Feb 2015
  • Anglezarke, Lancashire
« Reply #19 on: August 09, 2015, 09:37:05 am »
Blackburn is not far from me. I might go over and have a nosey at them !
Is it time to retire yet?

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS