Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Bought something today ......  (Read 2167 times)

Roxy

• Joined May 2009
  • Peak District
    • festivalcarriages.co.uk
Bought something today ......
« on: March 14, 2010, 12:07:13 am »
Well, also went to the horse tack auction and bought 6 bags of carrots for a fiver, which will keep the ponies and goats going.  But the really exciting thing was something I saw advertised, and rang about.  It was two minutes up the road from where I got the carrots so not out of my way.

It was a big rigid feeder for cattle on a stand, made of very robust plastic.  Also its got a plug hole, so can hold water if need be, or soak hay .....I want it to feed my big rough ponies round.  Its big, and will hold a whole bale of hay.  The lady mentioned she had another one, so I bought that, she reduced the price cos I had both.  Just fitted in the back of the van!!

Will be much better than feeding hay on the floor, less waste.

Jackie

• Joined Nov 2009
Re: Bought something today ......
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2010, 12:57:55 am »
Some days just leave you feeling really good dont they?  :)

Hellybee

• Joined Feb 2010
    • www.blaengwawrponies.co.uk
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2010, 10:02:28 am »
Excellent , dont you just love good buys :D

Wizard

• Joined Nov 2009
  • North East Lincolnshire
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2010, 07:30:45 pm »
Hello Roxy So did I thats what I was doin in Wakefield I've swapped Su for a newer one 2.5ltr AWD Automatic Cruise air con climate control heated seats A 101 more things to go wrong.Petrol was £1.15p pr ltr and I put £50 worth in and the fuel gauge did not display full so I've no idea how much it costs to fill ??? 74.5 miles via the motor way.Its silver couldn't afford a gold one :wave: :farmer: :D
Don't do today what can be put off until tomorrow because today will be yesterday tomorrow

sandy

« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2010, 10:30:45 pm »
Me and my OH wondered around stirling shopping center and I was not interested in anything but take me to a garden center or pet shop and I SPEND!!!!

Wizard

• Joined Nov 2009
  • North East Lincolnshire
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2010, 08:19:20 am »
Sandy dear Its fatal to go wandering around a garden center it always kills my wallet "Oh look George one of those would be nice" ??? ::) :-[ :-\ :'( ;D ;D ;D :farmer:
Don't do today what can be put off until tomorrow because today will be yesterday tomorrow

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS