Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Hebs show and sale Lanark.  (Read 4675 times)

ThomasR

• Joined Jun 2014
  • Peebles
Hebs show and sale Lanark.
« on: August 01, 2015, 09:11:34 pm »
Hi I am new to hebs and am wanting to enter the show at Lanark this year but when I went on the Latrice and say ingrown website there is only a separate thing for the Shetlands and one thing for everybody else. So how do I enter just for the show? I am planning on buying just not selling.

Fleecewife

• Joined May 2010
  • South Lanarkshire
    • ScotHebs
Re: Hebs show and sale Lanark.
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2015, 09:43:27 pm »
Sorry ThomasR, you've missed the closing date for entries:

<<<This year will see the first Scottish National Show and Sale at Lanark Auction Mart on Saturday 29th. August by courtesy of Lawrie & Symington. Closing date for entries is Friday 24th. July and entry forms can be downloaded from the mart's website. Please make sure you insert the HSS registration tag number in the last column for each individual entry and post directly to the mart. They will then be forwarded to Vicky Mason, who will as in the past produce a catalogue showing full pedigree details.>>>

Because it's a show and sale, you can't just show, you have to sell anything placed.  There are plenty of shows around with Heb classes, including of course the Royal Highland Show, which is past.  Somewhere else you really should try showing is the Smallholders Show, which is also at Lanark (and run by Rosemary and friends from TAS)  Details will be in the 'Events' board.
www.scottishsmallholdershow.co.uk
« Last Edit: August 01, 2015, 09:48:41 pm by Fleecewife »
"Let's not talk about what we can do, but do what we can"

There is NO planet B - what are YOU doing to save our home?

Do something today that your future self will thank you for - plant a tree

Love your soil - it's the lifeblood of your land.

ThomasR

• Joined Jun 2014
  • Peebles
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2015, 09:46:30 pm »
Ok thanks not the end of the world I can show them as shearlings. Thank you

Big Light

• Joined Aug 2011
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2015, 09:51:19 pm »
Fw think it was wrongly advertised as The Scottish farmer this weekend is. Saying only Shetland sale entries closed all other s now 14th august however Thomas r the show is just for animals being sold if you want to show your hebs the smallholder show in September is probably the next one

ThomasR

• Joined Jun 2014
  • Peebles
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2015, 09:59:00 pm »
Ok I was at the border Union show and show some very impressive sheep lovely Bryland and Slipperfeild ewes. Really nice tup lamb as well. Does the smallholder festive have Hebridean classes?

Big Light

• Joined Aug 2011
    • Facebook
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2015, 10:17:23 pm »
Northern short tail classes so in with Shetlands and other breeds but I think a few heb breeders are planning showing .its not a bad show to cut your teeth at. The border union had quite strong classes I think some of the pics are on our fb page below most of the folk.there should be selling at lanark

ThomasR

• Joined Jun 2014
  • Peebles
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2015, 10:25:48 pm »
Yeh I have got sheep from most of the people there and follow your Facebook page.

ThomasR

• Joined Jun 2014
  • Peebles
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2015, 07:20:55 pm »
My tup lambs fleace is bleached in the sun so the tips have gone brown. Is this Ok?

Big Light

• Joined Aug 2011
    • Facebook
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2015, 08:40:46 pm »
It's nature the sheep aren't meant to be in side so the judge will part the fleece to look at the under colour

Fleecewife

• Joined May 2010
  • South Lanarkshire
    • ScotHebs
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2015, 11:08:47 pm »
You're right about the misprint for closing date Big Light.

Here is the latest communication:
<<<Just a final reminder for the Scottish National Show & Sale at Lanark on Saturday 29th. August.
This is our first Show & Sale at this mart, so we need a good turn out. If you know of anyone looking for sheep in Scotland or North of England point them in that direction. It is the first S & S of the year.
Closing date for entries is Friday 15th. August & entry forms can be downloaded from Lawrie & Symington's website.>>>

"Let's not talk about what we can do, but do what we can"

There is NO planet B - what are YOU doing to save our home?

Do something today that your future self will thank you for - plant a tree

Love your soil - it's the lifeblood of your land.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS