Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: hii  (Read 2401 times)

doss93

• Joined Mar 2010
hii
« on: March 12, 2010, 07:53:59 pm »
hii im mandos 16 male and i have a hen atm and border collie off my own im wishing too do animal husbandry or crop husbandry

CameronS

• Joined Aug 2009
  • North East Fife
Re: hii
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2010, 08:01:27 pm »
hello from fife, i am 15, well 16 in October, i have 11hens in total, and 7eggs in an incubator. i  also have dogs of my own, a cocker spaniel and a jack Russel.

animal husbandry or crop husbandry

is that what you are wanting to study at college, or university after leaving school (I'm nosey yes, but i am looking to go down a similar route after finishing my schooling).

This is a great site, full of advice and friendly people,
 :wave:  :&>  :chock:  :dog:

doss93

• Joined Mar 2010
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2010, 08:05:33 pm »
wow alot more than me im looking into more soon and other livestock, i would like a cocker spaniel but not aloud yet

also im looking into both as i will be leaving in may im looking at doing a year of each thanks for listening

CameronS

• Joined Aug 2009
  • North East Fife
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2010, 08:08:21 pm »
I've beaten you on the other livestock aswell LOL, just ended up with 3 lams today  ;D  ;D
*sorry to boast*

what college/uni are you looking at, i'm looking at the SAC in aberdeen, it seems to have some pretty decent courses on everything   :)

(just to be nosey)

doss93

• Joined Mar 2010
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2010, 08:13:15 pm »
oh god lol im totaly new too sheep but have learnt quite abit through lambing live and will hopefully get my own soon in summer what breed you recommend for the typical welsh weather?

and im looking into easton college in norwich my borthers been before and have got my interview coming up in april and dredding it lol

CameronS

• Joined Aug 2009
  • North East Fife
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2010, 08:17:46 pm »
Good Luck,

as for sheep, i really can't help, i am new to sheep completely, if you put a post in the sheep part I'm sure someone will be able to answer more fully, and look through the older posts, everything goes  :D

sandy

« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2010, 04:24:00 pm »
Hello and welcome fro central Scotland :wave:

Wizard

• Joined Nov 2009
  • North East Lincolnshire
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2010, 05:13:41 pm »
Hello Doss.Don't be upset if I or any one else pours cold water on your idea-s after all its only my opinion.I have caused a bit of upset by decrying Kate and the lambs Having worked and seen such things for over 60yrs I hope I know better I am all for showing you how to do something but lets have you shewn properly read some of the posts.Filter out the "Oh its lovely posts and evaluate the educational ones. Cameron I have often spoken sorry replied to I didn't realise you were a young man Cameron some of your answers are very grown up indeed.Persuade Doss to stay with us and ask or tell us I for one am always very interested and prepared to share what I have learned in 73 years and in what young people think and hope for.Good luck with the education projects. :D :farmer:
Don't do today what can be put off until tomorrow because today will be yesterday tomorrow

CameronS

• Joined Aug 2009
  • North East Fife
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2010, 08:00:36 pm »
I have caused a bit of upset by decrying Kate and the lambs

i take it you mean lambing live, i agree i don't really like it

no offence at th age mixup  ;D happens all the time

Wizard

• Joined Nov 2009
  • North East Lincolnshire
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2010, 08:26:18 am »
Thats right Cameron The hourly show on TV last week.Let me tell others It was an alright show if you didn't know a lamb came out the rear end of a female sheep and a good rams Testicles are as large as a foot ball Kate did her very best with it I am sure.To me and many more it was a rubbish program.I asked the Estate Shepherd what he thought to it and Cameron I'm not going to tell you on here ;D ;D :farmer:
Don't do today what can be put off until tomorrow because today will be yesterday tomorrow

little blue

• Joined Jun 2009
  • Derbyshire
« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2010, 06:54:23 pm »
hello and welcome from Derbyshire
Little Blue

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS