Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Pig breeders near South Yorkshire/Derbyshire border  (Read 3706 times)

pally12003

• Joined Mar 2010
Pig breeders near South Yorkshire/Derbyshire border
« on: March 12, 2010, 04:38:57 pm »
Hi am new to forum,currently rent land for my ponies and chickens and been offered some more land so we can keep a couple of pigs.
I am now looking for anybody that breeds pigs(any breed as not decided myself yet) who is not a million miles away from us.
Thank you

pedigree porker

• Joined Feb 2010
Re: Pig breeders near South Yorkshire/Derbyshire border
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2010, 08:16:33 pm »
Hello and welcome

We have a litter of pedigree Berkshires born just over a week ago, they will be ready as weaners at beginning of May. We are just outside newark Notts, so not that far from you, if you are interested. If you would like any more details or some pictures you can email me leo.gti@tesco.net

smiffy

• Joined Jun 2008
    • http://www.northmoor-rarebreeds.com/
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2010, 08:38:10 pm »
hi we are just outside doncaster, and have berkshires, lops, mangalitza and tamworth

we also have cows and chickens ;D

Malc

• Joined Oct 2007
    • The Edge of Nowhere
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2010, 01:16:10 am »
Check the various sites of the rare breed clubs/societies. You'll find experienced breeders there.

Jackie

• Joined Nov 2009
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2010, 07:33:13 am »
Lots of people read these threads not just the original poster so please guys when you say you have livestock for sale add the price too.  ;D

smiffy

• Joined Jun 2008
    • http://www.northmoor-rarebreeds.com/
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2010, 08:41:51 am »
ok jackie
we have taworth cross weaners ready end of march, outdoor reared £40 each, discount for 3 or more
we will have pedigree berkshires, british lops and mangalitzas later in the year, pedigree quality £60 pure bred meat waeners £45

we also have rare breed poultry and turkeys, hatching eggs, and young birds when available ;D

we breed northern dairy shorthorn and traditional hereford cattle and occationally have some for sale (although this is pretty rare ;D)

we are also happy to talk with people with no obligation to buy anyting, we all had to start out and getting help and advice when new to the game can be difficult, untill you have made contacts, it helps to show people that the dream life is not all sunny and fun, but bl**dy hard work, with plenty of mud!!! i do wish we had bought sandy soil when buying our land ;D
« Last Edit: March 13, 2010, 08:46:22 am by smiffy »

Jackie

• Joined Nov 2009
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2010, 09:12:27 am »
Thank you Smiffy that is great.  ;D

pedigree porker

• Joined Feb 2010
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2010, 10:43:37 am »
Our Berkshire weaners will be £50 each, if you want to register them for breeding, there will a £25 extra due when you want to register them.  hope this helps

daniellestocks

• Joined Jun 2009
  • Nr Pickering, North Yorkshire
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2010, 10:50:41 am »
Hi, welcome
We have some lovely big saddleback cross weaners ready now £40 each, ideal for meat rearing,  we are near Pickering North Yorkshire
We will have some old spot crosses in june also
Thanks danielle

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS