Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Could anyone help transporting 2 sheep from Wales (Nefyn) to Scotland (Perth) ?  (Read 2770 times)

Chrissie

• Joined Feb 2013
Hi there  :wave:,

I wonder if anyone can help? We live in Bridge of Earn near Perth (PH2) and would need 2 small breed ewes (http://www.patchworksheep.co.uk/patchwork-sheep.php)  being brought up from Wales (Nefyn, Pwllheli, Gwynedd). I don’t have a trailer (and won't feel comfortable to drive one half way across the country)  but I do have a 7 seater and a large dog cage (which is my current best option).

However, I was hoping that there would be someone out there who would happen to travel by change some part of this way and would have space in their trailer for 2 more? I am very happy to pay for the two travellers and even if they could get to somewhere in the borders it would mean only a couple of hours in the back of the car - there is no time limit so even if you or someone you know would do an appropriate journey sometime in the near future that would be fine too.

Failing this are there any 'haulage' companies who would shift livestock or would they only do it if you have lots? Apologies for all the questions but I have never done this before…..

Any suggestions? Would it be worth re-posting this on the goats and cattle forum as well?

Thank you very much and fingers  :fc:,
Chrissie 

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS