Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Kubota GZD15 (2cyl) or GZD21 (3cyl)?  (Read 3100 times)

Oly

• Joined Feb 2013
  • South Cheshire
Kubota GZD15 (2cyl) or GZD21 (3cyl)?
« on: July 21, 2015, 11:48:15 am »
Hi,

I'm presently being offered either a GXD21 with 900+ hours on it, or a GZD15 with only 150 hours on it...for the same money.  Both are about the same age.  The GZD21 seems a little expensive given its hours, whereas the GZD15 seems a reasonable price.

Which do I choose?  I'm aware that both are near identical except the GZD21 has increased power from a 20hp 3 cylinder engine, rather than GZD15 has a 15hp 2 cylinder engine.  Other than that the only differences are collector size (500L versus 400L) and cutting width (3 blade 48inch rather than 2 blade 42inch).

Thoughts and advice?  I'm aware the 3cyl in smoother and should last a long time (as I suspect its the same as what they put in their micro diggers etc), but the 2cyl I think only goes into their mowers, and by virtue of dropping a cylinder will be a little rougher running.

Cheers,
Oly

JEP

• Joined Oct 2011
Re: Kubota GZD15 (2cyl) or GZD21 (3cyl)?
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2015, 03:00:50 pm »
hi i have found two links that describes the details of both for you to read about. but i would recommend the one with the biggest horsepower as it will be able to cope better if the grass is longer and will not choke it self to much but also because it has 3 cylinders it will be able to cope a lot better than a 2 cylinder engine[size=78%]. [/size]

http://www.hughiewillett.co.uk/kubota-mower-zero-turn-gzd15-diesel-rideon-mower.html 
   http://www.hughiewillett.co.uk/kubota-mower-zero-turn-gzd21-diesel-rideon-mower-hi-dump.html 

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS