Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: New Holland 435 disc mower- help!  (Read 4312 times)

Fieldfare

• Joined Feb 2011
New Holland 435 disc mower- help!
« on: July 11, 2015, 05:40:24 pm »
Help! I have bought a New Holland 435 mower. I have the manual but still can't work out how to fold it vertical! I'll re-read it again and try and get some local help but anyone got any ideas? I can see the 'male-female' connectors that should meet but when I try and lift the cutting arm (manually) it will go no further. As I write this I'm thinking do I need to unscrew anything?

Anyone any ideas? here's hoping  :farmer:

Rupert the bear

• Joined Jun 2015
Re: New Holland 435 disc mower- help!
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2015, 09:47:12 pm »
is it like this one ?  I think there should be a sliding locking pin , (some were sprung ) that is required to be pulled back to let the cutter bed fold up.

Thats all I can think of

Fieldfare

• Joined Feb 2011
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2015, 04:49:31 pm »
Sorted  :excited: The trick is that you need to lift the canopy at the same time as the cutting bar...if you don't it snags... it definitely doesn't say that in the manual! Photos of using it to top thistles to follow- did a massively quicker job than my finger bar mower! Next job is cutting my 1st hay!

Rupert the bear

• Joined Jun 2015
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2015, 05:48:32 pm »
Exelent news , useful bit of info too

Fieldfare

• Joined Feb 2011
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2015, 09:37:20 pm »
...and the New Holland 435 mower in its 1st job topping thistles which it did very well (grass had been eaten down by sheep so it no worries about having to remove tons of grass)...

waterbuffalofarmer

• Joined Apr 2014
  • Mid Wales
  • Owner of 61 Mediterranean water buffaloes
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2015, 10:50:57 pm »
Well done. May I ask where you bought the mower? Its just am looking for a newer one than mine, ideally secondhand.
the most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness, loving concern.

Fieldfare

• Joined Feb 2011
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2015, 06:22:47 pm »
Well done. May I ask where you bought the mower? Its just am looking for a newer one than mine, ideally secondhand.

From a guy in Chesterfield. £400. I think he goes to farm sales and picks up kit. So they are available. It is a bit old- but seems to be OK- no vibrations and sounds nice. I have used it for about 30 minutes and I have to say it is nice and light and easy-ish to set up. PM me if you would like his contact details.

Rupert the bear

• Joined Jun 2015
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2015, 06:54:32 pm »
...and the New Holland 435 mower in its 1st job topping thistles which it did very well (grass had been eaten down by sheep so it no worries about having to remove tons of grass)...

Thats quite a timeless picture, looks good

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS