Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Damned foxes!  (Read 2965 times)

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
Damned foxes!
« on: July 02, 2015, 08:19:40 pm »
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-cambridgeshire-33360817

Just as I have always said - murderers!  Given half a chance this one would have maimed those people!  And they suspected it was an urban one - stupid people feeding it!  GGGRRRRR!!!  :rant:
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

Q

• Joined Apr 2013
Re: Damned foxes!
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2015, 09:08:12 pm »
I know its a serious topic but seriously?  reading through that about tweaked groins and lost spectacles I was laughing my head off with the mental images. Plot lines for 'Naughty Mr Fox' by Enid Byton.
 :roflanim: :roflanim:
If you cant beat 'em then at least bugger 'em about a bit.

The_Hawthorne_Pack

• Joined Jun 2015
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2015, 09:55:31 pm »
 :roflanim: :roflanim: :roflanim: :roflanim:  Oh, sorry, couldn't help it.  Yes, I know that foxes can be nasty buggers, and I have seen the results of a fox in the henhouse, but the thought of all those people locked in the clubhouse and terrified!  Especially the woman who got bitten offering it food.... what did she do, hold it out in her hand?  I blame those nature programmes that show urban foxes in people's gardens eating scraps that have been put out for them. THEY ARE NOT DOGS! THEY ARE NOT TAME! Sad that it had to be destroyed, but can't have it spreading the message to other foxes!

Porterlauren

• Joined Apr 2014
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2015, 10:29:15 pm »
That has to be the most pathetic thing I have read in a long time. . . . . .

It's a fox! They weigh bugger all, have very little power etc. A swift kick to the head would have sent it flying!

People need to grow up and man up!

And as for being a murderer. . . . . its an ANIMAL. . . . . it doesn't have the same kind of emotional and moral context as us, it just acts on instinct / opportunity.

lord flynn

• Joined Mar 2012
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2015, 10:52:11 pm »
maybe they thought it was rabid  :-J

bigchicken

• Joined Nov 2008
  • Fife Scotland
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2015, 11:02:29 pm »
Had a bit of a laugh myself, In my past I gave handled loads of foxes so have no fear of them just a healthy respect after getting bitten by one on the thumb after a mistake when handling one. Never ever have I seen a fox that was keen to tackle a person unless it was cornered and could not run away. I'm a bit dubious about this story but in this day and age when people are so fare away from the reality of animal life it would not surprise me. This Fox has obviously had lots of human contact and has lost its natural fear of people, makes me think it was a released fox maybe a failed pet or from some of these rescue organisation's. I personally think no Fox should be released back into the wild there are plenty out there already.
Shetland sheep, Castlemilk Moorits sheep, Hebridean sheep, Scots Grey Bantams, Scots Dumpy Bantams. Shetland Ducks.

roddycm

• Joined Jul 2013
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2015, 11:08:56 pm »
hahahahaha good! time the silly city folk got a reality check about foxes!

Porterlauren

• Joined Apr 2014
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2015, 11:26:23 pm »
I kind of dream about meeting such foxes. . . . . would certainly reduce all of the hard work there is at times, in finding them!

Herdygirl

• Joined Sep 2011
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2015, 07:34:42 am »
I also laughed when I saw this item.  What I did notice was that unusually the RSPCA and the Wildlife Trust had nothing to say for once as they 'hadn't seen the animal'.  Both organisations have released foxes in the not so distant past.
One idiot near me feeds them all year round.....that's ok it gives my mate plenty to shoot.

bloomer

• Joined Aug 2010
  • leslie, fife
  • i have chickens, sheep and opinions!!!
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2015, 08:15:46 am »
In the garden that would be a dead fox, in public like that it would be left well alone for fear of the animal cruelty brigade... You can't kick foxywoxy soundly in the head with witnesses...

Daisys Mum

• Joined May 2009
  • Scottish Borders
« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2015, 09:52:28 am »
We have a family of foxes near us they are catching rabbits just now but one of my neighbours came to the door this morning to say one was sitting in amongst the ewes and lambs, my sheep are Zwartbles and the lambs are pretty big at around 10-12 weeks old. I'm going off on holiday tomorrow so hoping they will be ok
Anne

Cosmore

• Joined Jun 2015
  • Dorset
« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2015, 10:52:08 am »
 :roflanim: 'He had to fend it off with his bicycle'  :roflanim: , I suppose he's lucky the fox didn't nick his bike! Good for a laugh though, almost a 'carry on' episode! Just goes to show how so many people are removed from reality and the natural world. As for the so called 'pest controller', well, words fail me! Time these people realised that a fox is a wild, determined, resourceful, opportunist, recidivist predator who is nothing like Basil Brush - Boom Boom! :roflanim:
I'm afraid that if it showed its face here it would be met with the wrong end of a 12 bore, definitely Boom Boom indeed!

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS