Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Where to move to?  (Read 10285 times)

Helencus

• Joined Feb 2010
  • NW Leicestershire
Re: Where to move to?
« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2010, 06:31:17 pm »
That looks lovely but how much? Doesn't say so far as I can see

Roxy

• Joined May 2009
  • Peak District
    • festivalcarriages.co.uk
« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2010, 09:57:45 pm »
You have to submit an offer.  But there was not even a guide price, so how do you know what sort of price to offer!!!

I have just had a look how far Caithness is from here - 480 miles and 9 hours driving!!!  The only good thing is there is an airport at Wick.  We are not far from Manchester airport, so could get to Glasgow or Edinburgh airport and then on to Wick, if we wanted to go and look.  To be honest, its a bit far to transport our animals.  Not bad if you just have a dog and cat or something of course.

ballingall

• Joined Sep 2008
  • Avonbridge, Falkirk
« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2010, 10:36:33 pm »
On Galbraith's website the price is generally on the page before the pdf schedule- It's on at offers over £390k.

However, they have some GORGEOUS properties on their books just now.

This one http://www.ckdgalbraith.co.uk/property/CAD100042/Dumfries is offers over £480 for Lot 1, which includes a house, cottage and 23 acres grazing with plenty of outbuildings- oh and a ruined folly! Its lovely.

I remember someone on here mentioning this one http://www.ckdgalbraith.co.uk/property/GLA090081/New%20Trows%20Road which is a bit run down, but far more affordable.

And here's Butterhole- I think someone mentioned this house as well http://www.ckdgalbraith.co.uk/property/CAD080004/Dalbeattie

I really have only looked in your bracket of about 20 acres Roxy, there are some lovely properties with 6-15 acres as well on Galbraith's.

Also saw this, which is completely out of everyone's price bracket, unless we have any lottery winners here! But it has to be one of the nicest properties I have seen, and in a beautiful location. Offers over £975k for all three lots, or for just the house (lot 1) and the steadings plus 23 acres (lot 2) is just a cool £900k. http://www.ckdgalbraith.co.uk/property/CUP090024/By%20Burntisland

Helencus

• Joined Feb 2010
  • NW Leicestershire
« Reply #18 on: March 04, 2010, 08:07:16 am »
Ohhh lovely I'll have 2  ;D

Wizard

• Joined Nov 2009
  • North East Lincolnshire
« Reply #19 on: March 04, 2010, 08:20:47 am »
Can I have lot one in first one down Helen ooohhhhOOOOHHHH ah could goo mad wi me ride on mower ;D ;D :farmer:
Don't do today what can be put off until tomorrow because today will be yesterday tomorrow

Helencus

• Joined Feb 2010
  • NW Leicestershire
« Reply #20 on: March 04, 2010, 09:43:05 pm »
Of course George no problem plenty for all of us, now where is that euro millions lottery ticket  :)

Wizard

• Joined Nov 2009
« Reply #21 on: March 05, 2010, 08:18:36 am »
Don't do that one Helen but religiously (Can I use that word because I'm a none believer)do the birthdays on Lotto We should be able to scrape by with a roll over shunt us?
Don't do today what can be put off until tomorrow because today will be yesterday tomorrow

Helencus

• Joined Feb 2010
  • NW Leicestershire
« Reply #22 on: March 05, 2010, 08:21:42 am »
Indeed George give me a nod when you win and I'll do the same  ;)

Wizard

• Joined Nov 2009
« Reply #23 on: March 05, 2010, 08:45:08 am »
Kath nor I imbibe Helen but us pals could have one almighty blowout at the most respected eatery in town I'm not into Michelin 5 star and I don't eat the silver knife and fork.Good food on clean plates hot and served with a smile.and would you like some more of that. I reckon if we could talk him into it Nigel Slater would do me proud do you watch him.There are so many I know Rick Stein if he sharpens the knife and forgets fish for that night.Its a long way from Annie's to Padstow though intit Annie ;D ;D :farmer:

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #24 on: March 05, 2010, 10:45:11 am »
Sure is -I think ??? ???.................  um,  where's Padstow? ................................................. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ....................... ;)
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

Wizard

• Joined Nov 2009
« Reply #25 on: March 05, 2010, 11:16:31 am »
Oh heck Annie Its where Rick Stein has his restaurants in Cornwall Is she having a quiet go at the Wizard I wonder

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #26 on: March 05, 2010, 12:54:44 pm »
Cornwall?  Is that in America? ;)
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

Wizard

• Joined Nov 2009
« Reply #27 on: March 05, 2010, 01:27:56 pm »
Yes Annie. Vermont in New England U.S.Thats this side but across the pond from you

sagehen

• Joined Jun 2009
  • Warwickshire
« Reply #28 on: March 05, 2010, 02:06:05 pm »
All the way to Padstow, and not eat fish?? Are you mad?  ;D What about Gordon Ramsey or Heston Bloomin Thal?

Wizard

• Joined Nov 2009
« Reply #29 on: March 05, 2010, 02:15:01 pm »
Yes to the first bit but not the insane sort.Quite like GR cooking and being at home Jamie is also good at home but I'm with Nigel Slater just now doing his Butternut squash for tea but apricots not sultana's No Heston is one of the others I think ;D :farmer:

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS