Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Today I have been mainly,  (Read 332257 times)

Daisys Mum

• Joined May 2009
  • Scottish Borders
Re: Today I have been mainly,
« Reply #375 on: September 01, 2015, 10:08:20 pm »
Watching my granddaughter do her first x country  :hshoe: :horse:

Did she do well ? I bet you were proud of her regardless

She is still on the lead rein so mum had to run round with her, they missed out a couple of the bigger jumps but she was so pleased with herself for not falling off!
Anne

Rupert the bear

• Joined Jun 2015
« Reply #376 on: September 04, 2015, 10:02:02 pm »
Sad,        the swallows have departed    :'(   its going to be quiet around here.
At least next year there will be more places to nest as the roof is nearing completion and the new door wont seem to close properly  ;) ;)

waterbuffalofarmer

• Joined Apr 2014
  • Mid Wales
  • Owner of 61 Mediterranean water buffaloes
« Reply #377 on: September 04, 2015, 11:17:46 pm »
Buying presents for people and feeling depressed. :gloomy:
the most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness, loving concern.

Fleecewife

• Joined May 2010
  • South Lanarkshire
    • ScotHebs
« Reply #378 on: September 04, 2015, 11:22:38 pm »
Sad,        the swallows have departed    :'(   its going to be quiet around here.
At least next year there will be more places to nest as the roof is nearing completion and the new door wont seem to close properly  ;) ;)

Gone already?  We had some fledged today and another nestful still to do so. I don't think these late clutches have time to put on enough weight to migrate  :(
Our adults usually go about the middle of the month, but sometimes the late hatchers linger on until October.
"Let's not talk about what we can do, but do what we can"

There is NO planet B - what are YOU doing to save our home?

Do something today that your future self will thank you for - plant a tree

Love your soil - it's the lifeblood of your land.

Q

• Joined Apr 2013
« Reply #379 on: September 05, 2015, 07:40:26 am »
picking the biggest, juiciest plums I have seen in a while....   :)
If you cant beat 'em then at least bugger 'em about a bit.

Rupert the bear

• Joined Jun 2015
« Reply #380 on: September 05, 2015, 09:18:05 am »

Gone already?  We had some fledged today and another nestful still to do so. I don't think these late clutches have time to put on enough weight to migrate  :(
Our adults usually go about the middle of the month, but sometimes the late hatchers linger on until October.

Looking in the diary they have left 2 weeks early and the first of the geese have been seen.
On wednesday at work the swallows in the warehouse were lined up on the ledge in front of my desk some 3 feet away about 70 of them , they too have gone.

devonlady

• Joined Aug 2014
« Reply #381 on: September 05, 2015, 10:05:33 am »
For all of my adult life (50 odd years!) I have been determined to see the swallows go. I've seen them lining up saying ready, steady but the going of them always comes as a complete surprise!!

Rupert the bear

• Joined Jun 2015
« Reply #382 on: September 05, 2015, 11:15:47 am »
For all of my adult life (50 odd years!) I have been determined to see the swallows go. I've seen them lining up saying ready, steady but the going of them always comes as a complete surprise!!

I've never seen them depart ,its so sudden although as you say they are getting ready, it's their arrival I look forward to until then its the Blackbirds for amusement and company

clydesdaleclopper

• Joined Aug 2009
  • Aberdeenshire
« Reply #383 on: September 05, 2015, 06:25:16 pm »
Went to the rare breeds sale at Thainstone and got a lovely new cockerel and some geese to bring on for xmas dinner  :hungry:
Our holding has Anglo Nubian and British Toggenburg goats, Gotland sheep, Franconian Geese, Blue Swedish ducks, a whole load of mongrel hens and two semi-feral children.

Me

• Joined Feb 2014
  • Wild West
« Reply #384 on: September 05, 2015, 06:43:19 pm »
Rendering

waterbuffalofarmer

• Joined Apr 2014
  • Mid Wales
  • Owner of 61 Mediterranean water buffaloes
« Reply #385 on: September 05, 2015, 06:57:12 pm »
Busy day tray. Went into town got some shopping and some pressies for mum, as a nice surprise :) then had a family BQQ  and in the middle saw a buff giving birth and it needed pulling, pulled it and its a big bull calf. The mothers licking it clean now.
the most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness, loving concern.

OaktreefarmAndy

• Joined Sep 2015
« Reply #386 on: September 05, 2015, 07:29:49 pm »
Hi all .only just joined.
Today I have been trying to entertain 30  screaming children having a party at the farm and will mostly be doing the same tomorrow.
The trials and tribulations of running a children's farm. :relief:

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #387 on: September 06, 2015, 12:11:45 am »
Watching a starling on the bird-feeder and realising it's the first one I've seen in the garden for ages.

Penninehillbilly

• Joined Sep 2011
  • West Yorks
« Reply #388 on: September 06, 2015, 12:20:20 am »

Local fete today so not been here much, but our second lot have only just fledged, feel like proud parents seeing a second lot out, noticed about 14 sat on the edge of the house guttering yesterday, I really hope they haven't tried to set off yet, hope they are about tomorrow, Though I presume they just head down south before the main migration, I hope they do anyway, give the babies a chance to build up a bit.

Buttermilk

• Joined Jul 2014
« Reply #389 on: September 06, 2015, 06:33:58 am »
I understand that they can eat while migrating.  Those little spiders that leave threads all over the grass fields can float to about 2 miles and are scooped up by the migrating birds.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS