Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Today I have been mainly,  (Read 332260 times)

devonlady

• Joined Aug 2014
Re: Today I have been mainly,
« Reply #255 on: August 02, 2015, 10:47:13 pm »
Admiring my neighbour's pigs. An enormous pile of Landrace piglets and his new Durocs, an in pig gilt, a young gilt and a young boar. Lovely looking pigs, lengthy with enormous hams!

Me

• Joined Feb 2014
  • Wild West
« Reply #256 on: August 02, 2015, 11:01:21 pm »
AI ing ewes

ooooh!
Me, are you going to have the first TAS lambs of 2016?

Oh maybe!

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #257 on: August 02, 2015, 11:45:04 pm »
Going to church this morning then a trip to the charity shop with loads of stuff that's been hanging round for ever. Followed by yet more cheese making.

Penninehillbilly

• Joined Sep 2011
  • West Yorks
« Reply #258 on: August 02, 2015, 11:51:19 pm »
AI ing ewes

ooooh!
Or the last of 2015?

Me

• Joined Feb 2014
  • Wild West
« Reply #259 on: August 03, 2015, 08:53:17 am »
Thats more likely!

waterbuffalofarmer

• Joined Apr 2014
  • Mid Wales
  • Owner of 61 Mediterranean water buffaloes
« Reply #260 on: August 03, 2015, 08:55:05 am »
Getting sheep in for dosing and clipping, then off to pick a load of ragwort and before finally collapsing into bed checking all the water troughs for the night. ::)
the most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness, loving concern.

plumseverywhere

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Worcestershire
    • Its Baaath Time
    • Facebook
« Reply #261 on: August 03, 2015, 09:03:00 am »
yesterday was - treating ewe for flystrike, patching up hole in fence where goats managed to sneak through, scrubbing water troughs, realising that my card details were no longer in date so my baaath time website is out on a limb (!)  going to a gig, drinking beer, cooking on a BBQ, collapsing in bed and waking up with a sore throat and poorly child.
Smallholding in Worcestershire, making goats milk soap for www.itsbaaathtime.com and mum to 4 girls,  goats, sheep, chickens, dog, cat and garden snails...

fiestyredhead331

• Joined Sep 2012
  • NW Highlands
    • Facebook
« Reply #262 on: August 03, 2015, 12:34:09 pm »
educating the city kids who are in the holiday house next door about where their food comes from  ;D
keeper of goats, sheep, pigs, ducks, chickens, turkeys, dogs, cats, goldfish and children, just don't ask me which is the most work!

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
  • Rarely short of an opinion but I mean well
    • Trelay Cohousing Community
« Reply #263 on: August 03, 2015, 12:37:20 pm »
AI ing ewes

ooooh!

Oh maybe!

I bet there'll be some Suffolk breeders already tupped?
Don't listen to the money men - they know the price of everything and the value of nothing

Live in a cohousing community with small farm for our own use.  Dairy cows (rearing their own calves for beef), pigs, sheep for meat and fleece, ducks and hens for eggs, veg and fruit growing

Me

• Joined Feb 2014
  • Wild West
« Reply #264 on: August 03, 2015, 01:24:38 pm »
NOOOO Sally, they all lamb from Jan 1st on don't they? ;)

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #265 on: August 04, 2015, 12:07:45 am »
Moving hundreds of books from the sitting room to the dining room ready for the decorators to come in on Wednesday. Had help so it wasn't too bad but I'm dreading having to put them back again. I like them in alphabetical order.

Rupert the bear

• Joined Jun 2015
« Reply #266 on: August 05, 2015, 08:19:13 pm »
planning the re-roofing of a garage , this will be interesting as I'm a bit wobbly, the plan involves 2 scaffold towers a hoist and a mobile phone...........just in case  :thumbsup:

waterbuffalofarmer

• Joined Apr 2014
  • Mid Wales
  • Owner of 61 Mediterranean water buffaloes
« Reply #267 on: August 05, 2015, 11:09:18 pm »
planning the re-roofing of a garage , this will be interesting as I'm a bit wobbly, the plan involves 2 scaffold towers a hoist and a mobile phone...........just in case  :thumbsup:
Take care :)
the most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness, loving concern.

Cosmore

• Joined Jun 2015
  • Dorset
« Reply #268 on: August 06, 2015, 10:29:34 am »
Mainly hoping BT have finally sorted out my internet connection.......waiting for engineers call at 1100 hrs, it's already dropped out twice again this morning.........grrrr!

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
  • Rarely short of an opinion but I mean well
    • Trelay Cohousing Community
« Reply #269 on: August 06, 2015, 02:02:42 pm »
yesterday was mainly topping.

A good feeling :)  and now I can actually see my sheep!
Don't listen to the money men - they know the price of everything and the value of nothing

Live in a cohousing community with small farm for our own use.  Dairy cows (rearing their own calves for beef), pigs, sheep for meat and fleece, ducks and hens for eggs, veg and fruit growing

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS