Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Today I have been mainly,  (Read 312357 times)

devonlady

• Joined Aug 2014
Re: Today I have been mainly,
« Reply #45 on: July 03, 2015, 10:54:46 pm »
I keep ignoring this thread because I thought the title was "Today I have been manly", and I generally haven't.

Today I have mainly been digginoles.

And you can't get much more manly than that!

Fleecewife

• Joined May 2010
  • South Lanarkshire
    • ScotHebs
« Reply #46 on: July 03, 2015, 11:00:26 pm »
Mainly trying to stop my heart sinking right through my boots as I saw the state our roof is in, when they started stripping off the slates  :tired:
"Let's not talk about what we can do, but do what we can"

There is NO planet B - what are YOU doing to save our home?

Do something today that your future self will thank you for - plant a tree

Love your soil - it's the lifeblood of your land.

Rupert the bear

• Joined Jun 2015
« Reply #47 on: July 03, 2015, 11:02:12 pm »
I keep ignoring this thread because I thought the title was "Today I have been manly", and I generally haven't.

now that is Manly

DavidandCollette

• Joined Dec 2012
« Reply #48 on: July 04, 2015, 09:31:44 am »
Today I have been mostly eating home produced goats milk yogurt with home grown strawberries and home produced honey :excited:

bloomer

• Joined Aug 2010
  • leslie, fife
  • i have chickens, sheep and opinions!!!
« Reply #49 on: July 04, 2015, 09:53:26 am »
Today I am trying not to cry as big work car is broken,  and I'm tight for pennies currently, about to put up gazebo over engine bay and start fault hunting, worst case it's head gasket and thats way beyond me but I've been given a list of easy stuff.to check first...

Rupert the bear

• Joined Jun 2015
« Reply #50 on: July 04, 2015, 01:05:29 pm »
Mainly recovering from paying for the mini bale wrap !!   Holy Cow ! up again , I thought the oil price had gone down, and it had to come from Dingwall  some 120 miles away. No one round here is stocking it any more  >:(  .

Louise Gaunt

• Joined May 2011
« Reply #51 on: July 04, 2015, 03:03:50 pm »
.....battling the dreaded red mite! No sign of them in the small hen house until today- went to collect eggs at lunch time, egg and nest box just crawling with the little blighters. House emptied, given generous spraying with Smite, now drying out before putting new bedding in. More hen powdering! The joys of hot summer weather!

devonlady

• Joined Aug 2014
« Reply #52 on: July 04, 2015, 05:46:46 pm »
Today I am trying not to cry as big work car is broken,  and I'm tight for pennies currently, about to put up gazebo over engine bay and start fault hunting, worst case it's head gasket and thats way beyond me but I've been given a list of easy stuff.to check first...

Am with you there :'( Just been told the fuel injectors are stuffed in the Landy :gloomy: :gloomy:

Kimbo

• Joined Feb 2015
  • Anglezarke, Lancashire
« Reply #53 on: July 04, 2015, 06:29:47 pm »
.... watching our very first lambs making themselves at home  :sheep:
Is it time to retire yet?

Me

• Joined Feb 2014
  • Wild West
« Reply #54 on: July 04, 2015, 07:34:07 pm »

now that is Manly

Today I have been mainly chopping trees down with an axe and wrestling crocodiles...

mowhaugh

• Joined Jul 2013
  • Scottish Borders
    • Facebook
« Reply #55 on: July 04, 2015, 08:00:08 pm »
feeding baby, mopping up baby sick, on repeat cycle, same as all days just now!  I did get out for 2 hours to give some gimmers their Cevac jab, haven't seen them since clipping (my husband has seen them every day, though!) and was delighted with how they are looking.

Womble

• Joined Mar 2009
  • Stirlingshire, Central Scotland
« Reply #56 on: July 04, 2015, 08:25:16 pm »
Today I have been mostly showing somebody else's Zwartbles in the pouring rain. "Mine" came third though - I was well chuffed!  ;D
"All fungi are edible. Some fungi are only edible once." -Terry Pratchett

Kimbo

• Joined Feb 2015
  • Anglezarke, Lancashire
« Reply #57 on: July 04, 2015, 08:29:02 pm »

now that is Manly

Today I have been mainly chopping trees down with an axe and wrestling crocodiles...

About time too!!
Couldn't you find any damsels in distress??  ;)
Is it time to retire yet?

Me

• Joined Feb 2014
  • Wild West
« Reply #58 on: July 04, 2015, 09:00:48 pm »
One of the trees landed on a passing maiden - she did look a little distressed now I think of it. I would have rescued her, but a lycra clad croc caught my eye and I had to wrestle. Priorities.

devonlady

• Joined Aug 2014
« Reply #59 on: July 05, 2015, 12:39:18 am »

now that is Manly

Liar ;D ;D :roflanim:

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS