Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: poultry fencing FRANCE  (Read 6088 times)

mojo

• Joined May 2008
  • glenay 79330 france
  • retired and married in north deux sevre FRANCE
poultry fencing FRANCE
« on: May 26, 2008, 02:52:12 pm »
i am in  north dept79...anyone know where to buy chicken wire or weldmesh in 25 m rolls or bigger  at a sensible price please
retired to deep in rural france.keep 2 shih tzu dogs ( 1 boy 1 girl),1 cat(girl),lots of pure breed chickens(both sexes)....golden pheasants(both sexes) and the best wife a man could have

Limoray

• Joined May 2008
Re: poultry fencing FRANCE
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2008, 07:53:37 pm »
Hi, we are in The Creuse(23) and face the same problem and our solution was to get a friend coming out by car from the UK to bring some with him. It was a third of the price! Best of luck.
Ray

mojo

• Joined May 2008
  • glenay 79330 france
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2008, 04:40:22 pm »
afraid i would need a friend with a van ......cant really  expect anyone to bring the amount i will need............will keep looking
retired to deep in rural france.keep 2 shih tzu dogs ( 1 boy 1 girl),1 cat(girl),lots of pure breed chickens(both sexes)....golden pheasants(both sexes) and the best wife a man could have

mojo

• Joined May 2008
  • glenay 79330 france
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2008, 09:29:13 pm »
any ideas anyone in france please

MrRee

• Joined Jan 2008
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2008, 12:25:12 am »
I saw 2m x 50m for around 100 euros in Point Vert today. http://www.magasin-point-vert.fr/fr/magasins.html

Or try here (I know it's a .co.uk,but I only ever see stuff in France) http://www.agriaffaires.co.uk/
They don’t join cliques — more times than not, they stand alone — but they recognize and gravitate towards one another. Only warriors understand other warriors.

Hilbillie

• Joined Feb 2008
  • St. Mayeux, Brittany
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2008, 10:39:32 am »
Do you have a BricoDepot in your area?  We bought our mutton fencing there as it was the cheapest at the time.  We buy most of our supplies from PointVert but BricoDepot do seem to be the cheapest for most things.
Hilary

dan_golding

• Joined Jul 2008
  • Mid West France
    • Tree Frog Farm
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2008, 10:24:12 pm »
Hi Mojo,

we're in Parthenay (or just outside to be truthful) and there is a shop called Comptoir Des Loges - opposite McDonalds/LeClerc

They sell chicken wire by the kilo and have various sizes - you have to ask one of the very helpful staff (a couple speak English if you're French isn't up to it) how much etc and it's usually half the price of LeClerc

Be warned though, the price has gone up enormously over the past year.

Dan
www.treefrogfarm.co.uk/blog

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS