Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: We're getting a puppy!  (Read 11961 times)

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
Re: We're getting a puppy!
« Reply #30 on: June 16, 2015, 10:34:37 pm »
Until 18 months they're not allowed to jump, but any good agility group will have him pretty well up to doing a complete round at that age over poles (like equines), then the poles are gradually raised till they are at the 'small dog' height.  Most dogs love agility!!!  And you can get cheap agility equipment to practice at home or just use garden canes for weaving, a kids play tunnel, and more poles on the ground for jumps then add plant pots to raise them.
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

devonlady

• Joined Aug 2014
« Reply #31 on: June 17, 2015, 07:27:49 am »
Thats right, we are all called Bryn and like singing and Daffodils in Wales
Don't get paranoid - we're all called 'Hey you Jimmy' up here, and sing the Proclaimer songs  :roflanim: :roflanim: :roflanim: :roflanim:

And down 'yer of course, we'm all called Bert, drink cider and sing Wurzel songs! ;)

I know, went there once, saw theyowld Wurzels live after a few in the Newton Abbott sider bar. Pork scratchings and Old Rosie did funny things to Taff so we came home.

The Cider Bar does funny things to a lot of people :roflanim:

Bionic

• Joined Dec 2010
  • Talley, Carmarthenshire
« Reply #32 on: June 17, 2015, 08:25:52 am »
Until 18 months they're not allowed to jump, but any good agility group will have him pretty well up to doing a complete round at that age over poles (like equines), then the poles are gradually raised till they are at the 'small dog' height.  Most dogs love agility!!!  And you can get cheap agility equipment to practice at home or just use garden canes for weaving, a kids play tunnel, and more poles on the ground for jumps then add plant pots to raise them.
I wanted to do agility with Archie. He will be 4 in Sept. I bought some weaving poles and put them up in the field but he is afraid of them.  :(  I have tried taking him through on a lead with a treat in my hand but he really doesn't like them. Any tips?
Life is like a bowl of cherries, mostly yummy but some dodgy bits

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
« Reply #33 on: June 17, 2015, 08:58:11 am »
A new photo of Bryn

devonlady

• Joined Aug 2014
« Reply #34 on: June 17, 2015, 10:37:05 am »
He has a perfect heart on his forehead :love:

Jukes Mum

• Joined Apr 2014
  • North Yorkshire
« Reply #35 on: June 17, 2015, 12:40:44 pm »
He is just yummy.
My biggest regret with my puppies is that I didn't take enough pictures of them. They only stay small for 2 minutes! Take lots of photos and don't forget to post them on here for us to "aww" at!
Don’t Monkey With Another Monkey’s Monkey

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
« Reply #36 on: June 17, 2015, 03:22:10 pm »
He has a perfect heart on his forehead :love:

So he does  :)

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS