Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Poisoning with bait  (Read 1895 times)

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
Poisoning with bait
« on: June 12, 2015, 04:21:00 pm »
Just saw this link on Facebook - https://raptorpersecutionscotland.wordpress.com/2015/06/09/now-thats-a-deterrent/

A farmer in Spain has been found guilty of laying out poisoned baits and poisoning at least 11 red kites, five dogs, six foxes, a cat, a raven, a buzzard and four vultures.

His sentence? Two years in prison, two years disqualification from farming or any other profession relating to animal husbandry (post release), four years disqualification from hunting (post release), a fine of 90,270 Euros plus an additional fine of 28,500 Euros to be used specifically to monitor red kites in the local area for the next three year

Thoughts?
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

Berkshire Boy

• Joined May 2011
  • Presteigne, Powys
Re: Poisoning with bait
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2015, 10:24:09 pm »
Could do with that sort of sentencing in the UK.
Everyone makes mistakes as the Dalek said climbing off the dustbin.

Kimbo

• Joined Feb 2015
  • Anglezarke, Lancashire
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2015, 08:17:20 pm »
Fines that are then spent on projects associated with the crime! brilliant. That's what we need. Here all fines just go into the government's coffers
Is it time to retire yet?

Izzy

• Joined May 2009
  • Stirlingshire
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2015, 07:13:06 am »
Academically speaking wildlife crimes have a particular legal feature. Usually the prosecution in a court has to prove guilt but in a Wildlife and Countryside Act case the accused has to prove their innocence. Interesting to bear in mind as we mark 800 years since Magna Carta.

Btw this doesn't mean I support irresponsible use of rat poison.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS