Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Morning all....  (Read 7404 times)

Farmer

• Joined May 2009
  • Sidway, Staffordshire
    • Farmeats.com
Morning all....
« on: February 26, 2010, 07:04:23 am »
Morning all...I appear to be the first one on today...you lazy lot...off to Farmers' Market now...have a nice day

Farmer,  :farmer:

P.S.   WET...Very WET here in Staffordshire...hope the weather where you are is better!

JulieS

• Joined Mar 2009
  • Devon - EX39 5RF
    • Ford Mill Farm
Re: Morning all....
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2010, 07:05:59 am »
Good morning Farmer  :)

Hope the Farmers Market goes well.  Have a good day.

A bit drizzly here in Devon this morning.
Pedigree GOS Pigs and Butchery for Smallholders.

HappyHippy

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2010, 08:11:03 am »
Oh, I'm jealous Farmer  ;) Wish I was off out for the day  ;D
Most of our snow has been washed away by the rain now (thank goodness) but there's talk of more tonight  ::)

Wizard

• Joined Nov 2009
  • North East Lincolnshire
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2010, 08:49:15 am »
Hello youse people I shall tell you its still raining it rained all day yesterday I went to Rehab and hurried in as fast as I could.Nothing on today No I'm not sitting in the nuddy.There is a ploughing match at Everton on Sunday I would very much like to go to.Agen No not that one the one between Gainsborough and Bawtry its about 50 miles away from Grimsby a little bit of geography for you there is now't north of Gy going clockwise until about S.E its all Estuary and North sea and, sea and ploughs don't mix very well ;D :farmer:
Don't do today what can be put off until tomorrow because today will be yesterday tomorrow

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2010, 02:53:08 pm »
I've just been to a local primary school to talk to the P3 classes about growing potatoes. Off up the stables soon.

No snow here (yet) but it's bitterly cold, dry and windy. Just watching a couple of hens very busy in the pig pen and now going to the pond for a drink. Must be something really yummy in the pen.

Wizard

• Joined Nov 2009
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2010, 03:21:56 pm »
Is  it wheat passed straight through? :farmer:
Don't do today what can be put off until tomorrow because today will be yesterday tomorrow

sagehen

• Joined Jun 2009
  • Warwickshire
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2010, 03:32:37 pm »
Humph! Spent most of the day looking for the logbook for the car, cos needed to tax it. How is it that we manage to collect so much rubbish in the house, when we manage to pack all our things into a transit van when we moved here  ???

little blue

• Joined Jun 2009
  • Derbyshire
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2010, 07:15:47 pm »
Morning all...I appear to be the first one on today...you lazy lot...

I'll have you know I'm at work at that time in the morning, in horrid fog and drizzle today, and sleet this afto!
Anything good at the market John, which do you go to?
Little Blue

Farmer

• Joined May 2009
  • Sidway, Staffordshire
    • Farmeats.com
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2010, 07:45:08 pm »
I'm back...trailer cleaned and put ready for next time...livestock checked, fed and bedded down...hot shower...dinner eaten and now I'm enjoying a nice cup of coffee and a cigar whilst checking up on old friends...aint life good?

Sorry Little Blue...only joking, I know that many of you have other jobs and far more pressing business to attend to...I was just pleased to be the only member on the board (even if it was only for a short time)... you know what they say "little things, please little minds"...probably why I love atoms!

In answer to your question, I/we attend Stone (Staffordshire) Town Market every Friday and Stone, Stafford and Uttoxeter on the 1st, 2nd and last Saturdays of the month...with our on site Farm Shop open every Friday and Saturday as well...its more than enough to do on top of everything else...but hey, that's what smallholding is all about!

Trade today was good but very slow...the weather was wet and cold and I was very pleased to be back...Uttoxeter tomorrow...I must be mad!!!! ::)

Farmer,  :farmer:

sandy

« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2010, 09:35:50 pm »
I left the at ace but we have not got enough money to enable both of us to leave it!!! had times but we love it!

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2010, 10:52:39 pm »
Guess you've lost your 'r's again Sandy.  Pups been at teh new keyboard? ;D ;D
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

Wizard

• Joined Nov 2009
« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2010, 08:23:59 am »
Yeah you are farmer but you love it I dare bet if you won lotto you would have a holiday then do it on a grander scale wunt yer ;D :farmer:

Farmer

• Joined May 2009
  • Sidway, Staffordshire
    • Farmeats.com
« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2010, 10:13:59 am »
What's a HOLIDAY?

SuzyJ

• Joined Dec 2009
  • Bulgaria
    • My Personal Blog
« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2010, 10:36:12 am »
What's a HOLIDAY?

Something people who keep livestock don't generally have!
British Expat trying to live a better life in Bulgaria

Farmer

• Joined May 2009
  • Sidway, Staffordshire
    • Farmeats.com
« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2010, 01:15:08 pm »
Thought that was MONEY?

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS