Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Lambing programme  (Read 2490 times)

charlie

• Joined Feb 2010
Lambing programme
« on: February 28, 2010, 09:05:09 pm »
BBC2 Sunday 7th March 8pm, a  whole week of lambing, looks very interesting,  trailer looks great.
Hopefully learn something useful! :sheep:

ScotsGirl

• Joined Dec 2009
  • Wiltshire
Re: Lambing programme
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2010, 09:41:09 pm »
Yes I saw the trailer and can't wait.  Although as I have already had one ewe lamb and another this week it's probably going to be too late for help.

Got the sheep from hell to lamb, she thinks the world is out to get her and keeps her legs crossed until I have gone to work which is not good when she decides not to accept her lamb. Hope this year she is a bit more maternal and got some bigger lambs. She is the size of a house got the lamlac waiting!

Hellybee

• Joined Feb 2010
    • www.blaengwawrponies.co.uk
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2010, 03:08:02 am »
We ll be watching no doubt :D

morri2

• Joined Jun 2008
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2010, 11:25:06 am »
Have just been on BBC 2 website and had a look at the details.  About time they started putting something decent on TV.  I'm lambing only 9 ewes here, which are due around 15th but irrespective of quantity, its always stressful, so looking forward to some additional hints and tips. 

Daisys Mum

• Joined May 2009
  • Scottish Borders
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2010, 03:13:32 pm »

I have one ewe who allways has twins and then says no I only have one lamb so have to tie her into a corner of the shed for a few days until she accepts both her offspring. It is amazing how quickly the rejected lamb learns to dive in while it's sibling is feeding. I hope that this year it will be different. We are not lambing until May this year,I did not know that it was going to be such a terrible winter when the decision was made but I am very glad I did  now.
Anne

VSS

• Joined Jan 2009
  • Pen Llyn
    • Viable Self Sufficiency.co.uk
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2010, 03:53:06 pm »
Would be interested to see this as the production team came here to look at us as possible hosts for this series - they went to the Beavans as they had more sheep than us. They were worried it wouldn't be busy enough here to make good television.

I don't suppose I shall get a chance to see it though as we shall be busy lambing by then,
The SHEEP Book for Smallholders
Available from the Good Life Press

www.viableselfsufficiency.co.uk

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS