Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: This should make interesting reading  (Read 4379 times)

jameslindsay

• Joined Feb 2009
  • Nr St Andrews, Fife
  • "Blossom" one of my Pygmy Goats
This should make interesting reading
« on: February 22, 2010, 12:29:00 pm »
Has Mr Gordon Brown finally done enough to put the last nail in his coffin?

Helencus

• Joined Feb 2010
  • NW Leicestershire
Re: This should make interesting reading
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2010, 01:03:16 pm »
did I miss something what's he done now?? or do you just mean cause generally he's (IMHO) crap..

jameslindsay

• Joined Feb 2009
  • Nr St Andrews, Fife
  • "Blossom" one of my Pygmy Goats
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2010, 01:05:47 pm »
He made an emotional statement denying the claims from his staff that he was a bully. Then, yesterday the charity that takes calls from people seeking advice from bullying at work broke their silence to say he was a liar - they had received several calls from Downing St saying they were being bullied by big G!!

Helencus

• Joined Feb 2010
  • NW Leicestershire
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2010, 02:45:10 pm »
oh dear oh dear.. well lets hope that's him done for then.. mind not a whole lotta choice out there is there?

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2010, 09:19:28 pm »
He's better than Tory Boy. What an irritating man he is. No, insufferable's the word. Smug, slimy. And don't start me on George Osborne.

Hey, Big G's got a temper. A bit of fire is OK. Better than slimy Cameron.

Helencus

• Joined Feb 2010
  • NW Leicestershire
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2010, 10:08:45 pm »
Nah sorry rosemary but we didn't vote for him and personally I wouldn't vote for him. None of them measure up for me tho.

sandy

« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2010, 10:24:52 pm »
And people think Bullies are just a problem in Schools?

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2010, 12:01:31 am »
If they don't like working for him they know what they can do.  I suspect he is a perfectionist, gets frustrated and shouts a lot.  I would in his job!  But I don't agree that's bullying!
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

Farmer

• Joined May 2009
  • Sidway, Staffordshire
    • Farmeats.com
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2010, 08:52:58 am »
Sorry Doganjo...try telling that to those in the line of fire...a good leader learns to control his/her temper and shows restraint and understanding, even in times of stress...lose control and you lose the ability to make informed decisions...

Farmer,  :farmer:

Daisys Mum

• Joined May 2009
  • Scottish Borders
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2010, 09:29:45 am »

I don't know about him making informed decisions but his good ones could be listed on the back of a postage stamp.
Anne

Helencus

• Joined Feb 2010
  • NW Leicestershire
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2010, 09:33:03 am »
I agree entirely Farmer.. In my day job I often have to manage very large teams of people and you can never ever lose it with your team, peoples perceptions are their reality and if they feel bullied then as a leader you ARE doing something wrong. Each individual has to be treated as an individual, some people could care less if you did bawl and shout (but I wouldn't it demeans you), others get upset if you are even a little short with them. As their leader it's your job to treat your team with respect no matter how frustrated you are.. it's how you get the best from people and gain their loyalty IMHO.

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2010, 11:17:54 am »
Sorry, if you're a dick twice and get shouted at by your boss, you deserve it. In fact, maybe standards would be a bit higher if bosses weren't crapping themselves about ending up in an employment tribunal because poor wee Jimm / Jane got shouted at and upset.

To be honest, I don't know the details of the particular allegations against Big G, but no doubt all parties will have other agendas. Extremely professional of the helpline to go public. What does comfidentiality mean to them? Just when it suits?

If Tory Boy and his sleazy band get in in England, I will be actively campaigning for Scottish independence. Never again under a Tory yoke.

Helencus

• Joined Feb 2010
  • NW Leicestershire
« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2010, 11:37:11 am »
sorry Rosemary but my experience of managing people over many years leads me to disagree (it'd be boring if we all agreed). If you shout at people at work it doesn't make them want to become better more proficient employees. It makes them want to stick the knife in you at any and every given opportunity, MR B is reaping what he has sown here.

re Tory boy like I said previously the choice is very limited and none of them measure up for me so I'll have a bit of a dilemma in May.

RUSTYME

• Joined Oct 2009
« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2010, 11:56:44 am »
makes no difference whether Labout or Tory now ....before GB signed away the former UK when he signed the Lisbon 'Treaty ?' , 80% + of legislation being passed in the former UK parliament was EU legislation NOT UK legislation . Therefore we are no longer a nation state or even a free country , we are ruled by the EU commission , who tell the EU government what to do , who in turn tell the former UK government what to do . So vote for who you like in May ... it makes absolutely no difference at all .
 As for bullying , well shouting  is bullying to my mind , if it is continual or repeated . My late dad was a drill Sgt in the army , and I grew up being screamed at by one of the best . But ( maybe due to that fact ?)I won't take it from anyone else . He was the only person who would get away with it . No body , but no body will shout at me at a place of work . A private friend or family member is different , but at a place of work I would not take being bullied by anyone full stop , that is either in a physical or a mental sense ! 

cheers

Russ

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2010, 12:55:41 pm »
Exactly - has to be repeated. So since we'll never know the truth, maybe we shouldn't waste time debating it.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS