Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: keen to learn  (Read 3201 times)

langdon

• Joined Sep 2009
  • Pembrokeshire
  • The Happy Smallholder!
keen to learn
« on: March 07, 2010, 07:47:44 pm »
just had my sister stay with us at the weekend along with her 3 girls
(hubby given list of jobs on house!)
her eldest girl was really keen in helping with the feeding and watering putting in and
out of all the animals.
we were also talking about where food comes from and she loved feeding the pig that her family are
having of us.
we are trying to encourage her to become a vet is well!! (if you know what i mean)
she loves all animals. the other girls just loved running around playing espically on the tyre that
hangs from the oak tree in the field.
smallholdings really come alive when kids are out playing and enjoying themselves :D
Langdon ;)

shetlandpaul

• Joined Oct 2008
Re: keen to learn
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2010, 09:05:46 pm »
how about the otherside of things. its nice looking after young stock. but for her to be any good she needs to be willing to stay up and tend a sick animal. she needs to be a bit hard when it comes to death to. my third daughter is aiming for the same job. when we moved onto the croft i would never have guessed that she was the most grounded shes held lambs for the vet to kill. she nursed another over night and she has even culled sick chucks. shes not to bad a digging the holes as well.

langdon

• Joined Sep 2009
  • Pembrokeshire
  • The Happy Smallholder!
Re: keen to learn
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2010, 09:32:40 pm »
blimey flipping heck mate she is only young at the mo, and really her first time to tend animals in
anyway.getting them interested is the first step and she knows that animals take ill at times.

Langdon ;)

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS