Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Help please - Fleecewife/Sally ITN?  (Read 6452 times)

lesbri

• Joined Apr 2013
Re: Help please - Fleecewife/Sally ITN?
« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2015, 10:46:40 am »
Only just seen this, so apols for not replying sooner.

Not that FW didn't already tell you everything you need to know!  :D

Give me a shout if you want some pointers or help marketing them.  (Best Ravelry groups, and so on.  Plus I have contacts in some of your local spinning groups/guilds, if you don't.)

Ravellers love to see pics of fleeces, so if you haven't got all of them wrapped and bagged already, take a few 'lock shots' ;)
 Sorry to jump onto this thread but Ive got 3 fleeces to sell, one is a lovely romney which I think is really worth selling rather than dumping as it is so nice. Ive had a look on Ravelry but not sure where on there is the best place to advertise. Any tips please?  :wave:
As FW says, there will be quite a lot of Shetland fleeces about, and they're not all very special ;) - but if yours are anything like as nice as Chad's would be (if he hadn't rubbed it off himself in stages  ::)), they'll be highly desirable.  :excited:  :spin:

And the Kerry Hills will have scarcity value. ;)

Me

• Joined Feb 2014
  • Wild West
« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2015, 11:01:13 am »
Ok, sheared the Charmoise tups and it all went well until the last one which fought like Mike Tyson - therefore I must admit I just threw the fleeces in the wool bag with the others (appologies Sally IN). However, I'm shearing two dry Gotland ewes and a wether for someone next week and am led to believe they often have nice fleeces - would anyone like them? West Wales area

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
  • Rarely short of an opinion but I mean well
    • Trelay Cohousing Community
« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2015, 11:26:36 am »
lesbri, you've put your text in the middle of my quoted text but I think your bit is

Sorry to jump onto this thread but Ive got 3 fleeces to sell, one is a lovely romney which I think is really worth selling rather than dumping as it is so nice. Ive had a look on Ravelry but not sure where on there is the best place to advertise. Any tips please?  :wave:

There are several places you can use, but the simplest is probably the 'FOR SALE - FLEECE' thread in the group 'the-uk-fleeeece-people' linky.

If for some reason you didn't get any takers there, there is a For Sale thread in UK Spinners (which is a 'no chat' thread, so any ongoing conversation has to be in the associated 'For sale - feedback/chat' thread, which is all a bit complicated I know!) or you can create a thread just for your own items in the group UK Classifieds.  Shout if you need any further help - I know that Ravelry is huge and somewhat daunting when you are new to it!
Don't listen to the money men - they know the price of everything and the value of nothing

Live in a cohousing community with small farm for our own use.  Dairy cows (rearing their own calves for beef), pigs, sheep for meat and fleece, ducks and hens for eggs, veg and fruit growing

Anke

• Joined Dec 2009
  • St Boswells, Scottish Borders
« Reply #18 on: May 31, 2015, 11:46:49 am »
Ok, sheared the Charmoise tups and it all went well until the last one which fought like Mike Tyson - therefore I must admit I just threw the fleeces in the wool bag with the others (appologies Sally IN). However, I'm shearing two dry Gotland ewes and a wether for someone next week and am led to believe they often have nice fleeces - would anyone like them? West Wales area

Gotland fleeces at this time of year are usually a mat only fit for a dog bed, unless they have been clipped in the autumn too. But you may be lucky and get a good one. My Gotland x Texel ewes have some nice bits this year, but the pure Gotland ewe is the same as ever... I will clip them this autumn though, as they won't be lambing next spring!

Me

• Joined Feb 2014
  • Wild West
« Reply #19 on: May 31, 2015, 11:54:54 am »
Oh well, thats my good deed for the spinning world out the window then!  :knit:

Daleswoman

• Joined Jan 2015
« Reply #20 on: May 31, 2015, 11:59:38 am »
Thanks for this advice, very timely as my shearer is due any day now and it will be the first time!

lesbri

• Joined Apr 2013
« Reply #21 on: May 31, 2015, 12:25:19 pm »
Thanks Fleecewife! Sorry for the inept posting but many thanks for your advice. Ill try again on Ravelry!  :)

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS