Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: PUPS ATE MY KEYBOARD!!  (Read 4998 times)

sandy

PUPS ATE MY KEYBOARD!!
« on: February 19, 2010, 08:56:52 am »
Just went for a shower and thought as the pups were quiet so i did not shut them into their pen, when I went into the kitchen three of the four had my laptop on the floor and took most of the keys ff!  Typed this on screen keyboard! Bu"**!?$"£££'s[move][/move]

jameslindsay

• Joined Feb 2009
  • Nr St Andrews, Fife
  • "Blossom" one of my Pygmy Goats
Re: PUPS ATE MY KEYBOARD!!
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2010, 08:58:23 am »
I hope you counted to 10 first before you said anything Sandy???? Little monsters that they are.

sandy

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2010, 09:10:10 am »
I saw the funny side, thre of them were happy to see me and they were crunching on the keys like sweeties, they did look cute and at least the computor still works but NO keys hardly, got spacebar, a few letters but great that there is an on screen keypad!!!! I should be warned as they are becomming very destructive now, when they wake up they are in the dog room where they will chew the door frame!!!!!! Oh well, it's only money and they ARE cute!!! x

sandy

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2010, 01:49:38 pm »
Just found a spare keyboard after trying to find where all the keys go on my laptop, some are gone beyond recognition and some I just do not know where they go . Whatever next????

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2010, 05:12:13 pm »
I DID warn you!!!!!  You saw what My five were like!  Labs are the same but bigger and with bigger teeth.  Mine ruined my Mum's antique tyable by nibbling the finial on the base!
I have a spare keyboard if you want it - wireless too
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

Sylvia

• Joined Aug 2009
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2010, 05:25:35 pm »
There is nothing in our house that isn't chewed! Table and chair legs, best shoes,handbags, slippers et al. One of the "joys" of having pups!!!! ;D

sandy

« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2010, 06:16:35 pm »
````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````They have had a whale of a time outside with Ben and islay, all were in the same cage cuddled up until I went outside,they need to be out in the dog room,pretty dog safe but not risk free. I certainly should have known they could not be left a min.....Still love them,they are very cute and to see them enjoy the garden is brilliant I already have a keyboard, the one I am using now...we have every intention of buying a new computor but Steve insists on having one from the special offeres Aldi do...we may have  to que as well Thanks anyway, the poups are in the pen in the kitchen, the only safe place so far, Rhum already looks bigger, she is a cutie.

RUSTYME

• Joined Oct 2009
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2010, 06:31:49 pm »
My 3 spaniel boys , Al , Arnie and Steve , are 7 years old now , but when they were pups they ate my tv remote ....not chewed it !!! ate it . All they left of it were 2 chewed batteries and half of the little screen . Everything else went down the hatch ....and over the next few days out of the other one ....Little sods... Luckily it did them no harm , but for a few days everytime they jumped about , the TV changed channels ...lol ::) ;D

cheers

Russ

Roxy

• Joined May 2009
  • Peak District
    • festivalcarriages.co.uk
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2010, 10:12:09 pm »
The little monkeys!!  pups do seem to lull you into a false sense of security by pretending to be good, or asleep, and then go and destruct something big style.  My GSD ate my lovely riding hat when he was a pup - I was not pleased :D  One of Ricks workmates left his wallet, and his spaniel pup shredded it and ate £80 and all his  cards.

sandy

« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2010, 10:51:57 am »
 ;D ;D, I suppose it's just like having toddlers with parana teeth?, our pups are outside and trying thier hardest to get into the flower garden, they already have had a run around in there, ALl of our dogs have chewed bits of the fence from time to time but at least it's only wood, once they are bigger they will not be able to get through any holes that they can get through now...

Jackie

• Joined Nov 2009
« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2010, 05:23:48 pm »
So far you have been very lucky Sandy with what they have chewed. lol

I sold a pup to a couple and told them NEVER to leave the pup alone in a room where there is anything they want to keep but did they listen?
NO and the pup ate the leather sofa!

You can buy a sour apple spray or use clove oil in warm water and spray that on things you dont want the pups to chew, it can work, sometimes.

Oh and good luck training two pups together as they will bond with each other and not so much to you unfortunately and you NEED their attention.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2010, 05:26:06 pm by Jackie »

sandy

« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2010, 06:24:05 pm »
They are in the dog house now..lituraly....We had Rhum and Rhown sitting today, they will get loads of attention so I am not too worried about bonding, Ben and Isaly are part of the pack and Islay is a very good dog, so is Ben but he can be stubborn but he is only mths and a castrated male, he is wonderful with the pups athough he has been chewing up thier toys>>

Jackie

• Joined Nov 2009
« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2010, 06:56:29 pm »
When training the two pups keep one in the car/indoors whilst you train the other Sandy or you will have trouble :)

sandy

« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2010, 09:49:46 pm »
The female yellow we are keeping is very confident already, she keeps escaping into our flower garden and looking pleased with herself, the boy's that are going soon are not so cocky but boy do they love thier food...Labradors are little :pig: :pig:THe chocolate one watches me a lot so I think she will be easy to train, her mum is well trained as a dog used for beating, she's my little chocolate drop. You gave me a thought, I have told people how destructive Labs can be but I am not too sure al of them understand that if left alone they can destroy stuff in mins,, only  of the new owners have no other dogs, three other new owners have Labradors already, lovely dogs but they need to be occupied. Isaly was very good, only ate some soles out of my shoes and some socks, both were left in thier room, mind you she did keep trying to do some gardening. Ben has been even better but will destory any toys he has, he needs tractor tyrs as he is very strong,a lot of commercial stuff is not strong enough, one big problem we have is our log store and the dog room have some nice bits of rotten wood and the dogs just love to chew that if given half a chance. Our set up is good, we have a conservatory/dog room with cages and I put a heat pad and the radio on in there, the floor is tiled and the sun shines into it, the door leads to a large yard that they can run around and play on, then the rest of the garden is gated off and a seperate pice at the top for chickens, Rohan hasmet them but I need a better colar and lead as she will chase them and maybe catch them...Isaly and Ben can be trused with the chickens, in fact they help me find eggs that are hidden....Looking forward to the challange...keep you posted

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS