Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Do your partners mind you being on here?  (Read 6384 times)

Roxy

• Joined May 2009
  • Peak District
    • festivalcarriages.co.uk
Do your partners mind you being on here?
« on: February 15, 2010, 11:20:58 pm »
My OH is not in the slightest bit interested in going on forums, in fact he does not go on the computer.   There again, he never has the chance with  me around!!  Sometimes I find myself chatting to him about something on here, or my horse forum, but he just cannot see the attraction.
I have even brought up the website of his favourite band, Status Quo, but even that did not inspire him!!

ballingall

• Joined Sep 2008
  • Avonbridge, Falkirk
Re: Do your partners mind you being on here?
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2010, 11:32:41 pm »
No, but my OH has his own forums. We met in a chat room linked to a F1 forum, where we both still post. Than he also posts on a Dr Who forum (avidly) plus he's probably a member of a few others as well. We sit on the sofa together in the evenings tapping away on our laptops. Sometimes we even talk to each other as well!

Forums have great uses, I knew someone who after she split up with her ex, using forums was her way of getting to talk with other adults without needing a babysitter.

Beth

Roxy

• Joined May 2009
  • Peak District
    • festivalcarriages.co.uk
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2010, 11:40:38 pm »
Rick is probably quite happy - he can have the remote for the telly while I am on here.

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2010, 12:07:47 am »
and change channels all he likes ;D ;D ;D ;D
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

Dangermouse

• Joined Feb 2010
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2010, 05:59:42 am »
My better half is not worried about me chatting on here, she knows Im doing research for the new smallholding plus she gets to watch emmerdale  ;D

Hilarysmum

• Joined Oct 2007
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2010, 06:48:17 am »
No he's at work.   ;D

sandy

« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2010, 08:10:51 am »
I multitask usualy, I sit with the laptop on the coffee table or in front of me facing the TV, so I watch programmes as well, mind you my OH thinks I spend all day on here ::)

HappyHippy

« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2010, 09:19:34 am »
Since my ancient old laptop broke and I have to share the pc with hubby he does moan a bit - but only cos it stop's him playing on-line poker  ::)
But when he's out working it's my life line lol! Link to the outside world and adult conversation - don't know how I'd live without my broadband  ;) ;D ;D ;D

Wizard

• Joined Nov 2009
  • North East Lincolnshire
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2010, 09:29:41 am »
Kath isnt interested in computers but she enjoys what we all say to one another and some of the things we have done .D M I stop playin on ere to watch that do you think Maizie is going loopy?Kath says she was loopy from the start the whole lot of them aren't normal especially the two half brothers ;D :farmer:
« Last Edit: February 16, 2010, 09:31:57 am by Wizard »
Don't do today what can be put off until tomorrow because today will be yesterday tomorrow

dixie

• Joined Mar 2009
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2010, 09:43:51 am »
Wizard I think its great you and Kath get to 'talk' on the internet, cant imagine my Dad 'surfin the net' ;D
and yes I think Maisie's barmy!

sagehen

• Joined Jun 2009
  • Warwickshire
« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2010, 01:01:00 pm »
Me and OH also met in chat on the internet. He doesn't come on here but he's on his own games forum, and doesn't mind me being on here at all  ;D

little blue

• Joined Jun 2009
  • Derbyshire
« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2010, 06:20:53 pm »
how could he mind... its free, intelligent (mostly!!) friendly, and a mine of information!

Hes usually on e-bay, which can end up costing us ££££s!

And without some of you lovely people, we wouldnt have the ex-batt hens, baby guineapigs, and big plans for our place!!
Little Blue

Wizard

• Joined Nov 2009
  • North East Lincolnshire
« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2010, 06:23:08 pm »
Little Blue and daft to sometimes its good for you a chuckle :farmer:
Don't do today what can be put off until tomorrow because today will be yesterday tomorrow

Jackie

• Joined Nov 2009
« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2010, 06:29:13 pm »
My hubby doesnt mind me being on this site cos at least Im learning something usefull lol However he does object to me playing Runescape. Im an Rs addict and have played since 2001.

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2010, 08:32:29 pm »
An OH would be nice to have so they could  mind me being on here. :'( :'( ;D
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS