Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Whats your Bread and Butter!  (Read 5569 times)

Bogtrotter

• Joined Apr 2015
  • On the levels
  • Caution: May spontaneously talk rabbits.....again
Re: Whats your Bread and Butter!
« Reply #15 on: May 09, 2015, 01:38:31 pm »
I don't think I make the money I could if I wasn't such a sap...
I Can't send anything to an unknown fate, so nothing of mine will go through the markets. My sheep I don't keep go to my freezer and I will occasionally sell a half if the timing is right. Normally I'm too tight though and keep it all for me!
I sell spare eggs which pays for the chickens, and the odd bag of rabbit feed.
I can't manage without doing my 2 days in the real world, but strangely get a fairly good income from my aquarium. People BUY my aquatic plant cuttings/ramshorn snails etc. They even buy duckweed!!!! And Alder cones :excited:

I love my fishies :love:
Sheep are like the Borg, a collective hive mind and resistance is futile.

benkt

• Joined Apr 2010
  • Cambridgeshire
    • Hempsals Community Farm
« Reply #16 on: May 10, 2015, 10:41:02 pm »
Our bread and butter is the community part of the community farm. This year we have 16 member families getting produce in return for month subscription and two days work a month.
I've gone full time on the farm this year as my wife has gone back to work so I can take some time to really build up the farm. Extra cash comes from Christmas birds, half pigs, a few eggs sales and odds and ends like goat meat or honey that we have spare. This year, I'm building up the educational side of things - we're doing quite a bit of 'hatching in schools' and a lot more talks/demonstrations - I'm at the local WI tomorrow night and I'm just starting to branch out into taking chickens and chicks into residential care homes.

sarahdean_66

• Joined May 2012
  • Yelling Cambridgeshire
« Reply #17 on: May 11, 2015, 07:30:53 pm »
Thanks guys some really helpful comments for me. :)

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS