Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Don't you just HATE eartags?  (Read 2255 times)

ballingall

• Joined Sep 2008
  • Avonbridge, Falkirk
Don't you just HATE eartags?
« on: February 13, 2010, 12:47:02 am »
I had to cut the tags out of Lantana's ear's this evening, she is virtually a year old. Her ears are shocking, I hate these horrible little plastic things. I don't know why she's been so bad, we had 6 kids last year, and the other five have all been fine. I've been spraying her ears regularly with antibiotic spray, but it just wasn't enough. I will just leave her for a couple of months to heal up, and then have to retag her, but in a different place in her ear.

Beth

Roxy

• Joined May 2009
  • Peak District
    • festivalcarriages.co.uk
Re: Don't you just HATE eartags?
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2010, 04:19:51 pm »
I agree about the tags.  With the goats being so adventurous as well, its easy for them to catch the tag as they put their heads through fences, and hedges.  Some of the goats that I rescued came with no tags in, although I demanded the owner got the tags.  As two of them were in kid, I did not want to traumatise them with tagging.  Still not put them in ....shhhh....and the little un, I am in no rush to put his in.  I have put a rubber ring on him, and he glared at me for that, so will wait a while before the tag!!

Wizard

• Joined Nov 2009
  • North East Lincolnshire
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2010, 04:49:50 pm »
Talking of them sort of things which we wern't .The Elastrator is a terrible thing.Some poor little souls lay on their sides kicking as if they are walking and running  for ages. :farmer:
Don't do today what can be put off until tomorrow because today will be yesterday tomorrow

little blue

• Joined Jun 2009
  • Derbyshire
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2010, 08:18:11 pm »
blooming things, ours both have a strip on one ear where they ripped them out. luckily they have them still in the other ear.  Lil 'un was constantly getting hers snagged when she was smaller, but it seems ok now she's bigger
Little Blue

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS