Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Different coloured eggs?  (Read 5708 times)

waterbuffalofarmer

• Joined Apr 2014
  • Mid Wales
  • Owner of 61 Mediterranean water buffaloes
Re: Different coloured eggs?
« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2015, 09:29:22 am »
What I do is wash out the egg shells and dry them out in the oven, grind them up and mix in with their food, that improves shell quality no end.
the most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness, loving concern.

ellied

• Joined Sep 2010
  • Fife
    • Facebook
« Reply #16 on: May 07, 2015, 07:53:44 am »
Interesting someone finds legbars thick.  One of mine has found a wee hole in the field fence to my neighbours back door.  She runs the length of the garden, thru the orchard into the field, into his garden and potters about with him for a couple hours most days.  Then comes home for corn and roosts in a tree with the CB marans and Scots grey.  They had a brand new coop when they arrived but learned the tree roost within a week of being let out.  Mine are completely free range now and there is very little bullying despite the mix of breeds and sizes.  The 2 bantams hold their own against big Sussex girls and one remaining bluebelle.

I fancy some wyandotte pols or eggs next and hope to use a dark strain Marian boy on my CB girls at some point.  Need a few more customers for the eggs tho!
« Last Edit: May 07, 2015, 07:56:19 am by ellied »
Barleyfields Smallholding & Kirkcarrion Highland Ponies
https://www.facebook.com/kirkcarrionhighlands/
Ellie Douglas Therapist
https://www.facebook.com/Ellie-Douglas-Therapist-124792904635278/

Victorian Farmer

« Reply #17 on: May 07, 2015, 10:13:29 am »
Sterio got fed up not getting the dark eggs bought black blue weaton and silver Cuckoo  from france and holand and naw .our woolie will be picking young stock up could you sterio get nere i would give you a couple of the cock birds to help you get going .This stock is pure and from france iv not had under 5 in egg coloure .
« Last Edit: May 07, 2015, 10:43:16 am by Victorian Farmer »

Jukes Mum

• Joined Apr 2014
  • North Yorkshire
« Reply #18 on: May 08, 2015, 03:22:56 pm »
Ok, research done and decision made!
Does anyone have any cream legbar and cuckoo maran hatching eggs for sale (3 of each)?
Don’t Monkey With Another Monkey’s Monkey

Stereo

• Joined Aug 2012
« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2015, 04:43:14 pm »
Sterio got fed up not getting the dark eggs bought black blue weaton and silver Cuckoo  from france and holand and naw .our woolie will be picking young stock up could you sterio get nere i would give you a couple of the cock birds to help you get going .This stock is pure and from france iv not had under 5 in egg coloure .

Thanks for the offer, I'm at the other end of the UK but the wife is from up there so we do venture up occasionally. Nothing planned for this year but will drop you a message if we ever are. Those eggs look fantastic. I've got a guy near me who gets similar and is running a pen of blue/blue so I'm planning on hatching some of his to get black and splash with decent egg colour next year.  I was planning a pen of black / black to get all black, a pen of black / splash to get all blue and a pen of splash / splash to get all splash but that's going to take a year or 3!

Victorian Farmer

« Reply #20 on: May 09, 2015, 11:22:38 am »
Haw about cuckoo dark egg layer black and blue sex link

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS