Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Dexter Crush  (Read 2941 times)

trish.farm

• Joined Feb 2014
  • hampshire
Dexter Crush
« on: May 03, 2015, 06:16:02 pm »
Seen a local advert for a dexter crush.  Are they very much smaller than a normal size crush?  Getting a bit nervous about TB testing my two yearling steers as my makeshift crush for my Jerseys is ideal for them as they are halter trained, but my two boys are Angus x and Hereford x, and not halter trained!!  Reckon my gates and metal pole might get splattered by them when a vet approaches them with a needle!!  Would be handy if a jersey would fit in a dexter crush then I could do away with the makeshift one!! Boys will be sold after TB testing in the summer so will never have anything bigger than a yearling x bred or a jersey girl.

Me

• Joined Feb 2014
  • Wild West
Re: Dexter Crush
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2015, 08:40:09 pm »
Yes they are a lot smaller

landroverroy

• Joined Oct 2010
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2015, 10:23:41 pm »
I would go and have a look and decide for yourself. It's not like you've got big continental cattle so they could well fit.
I have an old crush that was described as a dexter crush. It is smaller than a standard crush, but all my (non continental cattle) can fit in it.
Rules are made:
  for the guidance of wise men
  and the obedience of fools.

trish.farm

• Joined Feb 2014
  • hampshire
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2015, 08:15:58 am »
thankyou, will go take a look.  Its all in working order and looks ok in the photo, and they only want £300 for it.  Only!!!  EEk, time to rob a bank!!!

Backinwellies

• Global Moderator
  • Joined Sep 2012
  • Llandeilo Carmarthenshire
    • Nantygroes
    • Facebook
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2015, 08:18:33 am »
£300 sounds reasonable price to me.
Linda

Don't wrestle with pigs, they will love it and you will just get all muddy.

Let go of who you are and become who you are meant to be.

http://nantygroes.blogspot.co.uk/
www.nantygroes.co.uk
Nantygroes  facebook page

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS