Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: im looking for Fallopia japonica japaneese knot weed in fife please  (Read 3979 times)

demonfarmer2630

• Joined May 2011
  • kennoway
  • soor plooms
my hens love the stuff but have eaten it to death dose any one have any i can dig up and replant please im in kennoway so let me know asap any info on wild growing stuff would help too please if you can help let me know :raining: :raining: :raining: :raining: :raining:

bloomer

• Joined Aug 2010
  • leslie, fife
  • i have chickens, sheep and opinions!!!
Re: im looking for Fallopia japonica japaneese knot weed in fife please
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2015, 06:47:26 pm »
you cant, it is illegal to plant cultivate or otherwise encourage japanese knotweed. it is classified as a invasive foreign species.

In Scotland, the [/size]Wildlife and Natural Environment (Scotland) Act 2011[/color][/size] came into force in July 2012 that superseded the Wildlife and Countryside Act 1981. This act states that is an offence to spread intentionally or unintentionally Japanese knotweed (or other non-native invasive species).[/color]
[/size][/color]
[/size]sorry...[/color]

VEG

• Joined Jan 2014
  • Maesteg South Wales
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2015, 06:54:18 pm »
Got to be a wind up surely

verdifish

• Joined Jan 2013
  • banffshire
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2015, 07:36:58 pm »
I really hope this js a piss take !!!

demonfarmer2630

• Joined May 2011
  • kennoway
  • soor plooms
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2015, 07:44:36 pm »
no piss take and its not ilegal just has to be kept under control so no joke no piss take genuine interest

demonfarmer2630

• Joined May 2011
  • kennoway
  • soor plooms
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2015, 07:51:49 pm »
yes im sure its knot weed and it can be kept bought and sold  not illegal and you can only be prosacuted if it grown in to someone elses land if done reserch and iv even consulted with the gov.co.uk check link below
https://www.gov.uk/prevent-the-spread-of-harmful-invasive-and-non-native-plants
so im only interested in genuine responses not people telling me im in the wrong i have done a solid year of checking and making sure it was japanese knot weed so please only respond if you are being helpful
thank you for reading and responding though

verdifish

• Joined Jan 2013
  • banffshire
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2015, 09:27:52 pm »
I don't care where you have checked or who with, the movement and propagation of Japanese knotweed is against the law in the united kingdom ! And thats knot a piss take either if I find out where you are I will inform the authorities local to you and I am gonna try my hardest to find out where you are .A family member of mine ended up spending 100s of £1000s of pounds because of the damn stuff and you think its ok to move it around the bloody country willy bill ,you need your head looking at !!! Can anyone tell me by pm if they know where demon farmer is .strictest of confidence !!!

bloomer

• Joined Aug 2010
  • leslie, fife
  • i have chickens, sheep and opinions!!!
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2015, 09:35:48 pm »
yes im sure its knot weed and it can be kept bought and sold  not illegal and you can only be prosacuted if it grown in to someone elses land if done reserch and iv even consulted with the gov.co.uk check link below
https://www.gov.uk/prevent-the-spread-of-harmful-invasive-and-non-native-plants
so im only interested in genuine responses not people telling me im in the wrong i have done a solid year of checking and making sure it was japanese knot weed so please only respond if you are being helpful
thank you for reading and responding though

thats the english law, the scottish law says even moving a non native invasive species is a crime.

Womble

• Joined Mar 2009
  • Stirlingshire, Central Scotland
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2015, 09:39:49 pm »
Verdifish, that's a bit extreme don't you think? I absolutely get where you're coming from though!

Demonfarmer - illegal or not, just don't. End of.

Even if your hens thank you for the knotweed, your parents certainly won't. Having knotweed could cause major structural problems with your house and basically make it unsellable.

What's wrong with the perpetual spinach that I proposed the last time you asked a similar question?  :-J
"All fungi are edible. Some fungi are only edible once." -Terry Pratchett

Dan

• The Accidental Smallholder
  • Administrator
  • Joined Oct 2007
  • Carnoustie, Angus
    • The Accidental Smallholder
    • Facebook
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2015, 09:42:45 pm »
I don't care where you have checked or who with, the movement and propagation of Japanese knotweed is against the law in the united kingdom ! And thats knot a piss take either if I find out where you are I will inform the authorities local to you and I am gonna try my hardest to find out where you are .A family member of mine ended up spending 100s of £1000s of pounds because of the damn stuff and you think its ok to move it around the bloody country willy bill ,you need your head looking at !!! Can anyone tell me by pm if they know where demon farmer is .strictest of confidence !!!

Please stop this harassment verdifish, it has no place on here. Read the guidance, there's nothing illegal in what the OP is wanting to do. You may disagree with it, but that doesn't justify threats or intimidation.

Bloomer, it's illegal to plant it in the wild in Scotland, but not on your own land, although you can be issued with a control order if it's not managed.

demonfarmer2630

• Joined May 2011
  • kennoway
  • soor plooms
« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2015, 10:04:06 pm »
thank you dan for clearing that up and guys its a field next to my house which i own and manage so please dont worry iv had it before and the hens kept it back and killed it off in the end will look around for some as no one here has any by the look of it i was trying to get info not threats so please dont its against the rules
but thank you for your input any how even if you were wrong to say it im buying it online so as to stop the argument and again thank you dan

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS