Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Turners abattoir Farnborough  (Read 3509 times)

princesslayer

• Joined Jan 2013
  • Tadley, Hants
Turners abattoir Farnborough
« on: May 03, 2015, 08:04:09 am »
Does anyone use Turners Abattoir at Farnborough, Hants? It is now our only local choice as Laverstoke has closed.

Anyone know what Turners is like? We are first timers this year and will have only six lambs to take.

Thanks
Keeper of Jacob sheep, several hens, Michael the Cockerel and some small children.

Emmam

• Joined Apr 2012
Re: Turners abattoir Farnborough
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2015, 09:22:58 am »
Sorry I cannot help, as about to ask the same question as I have 4 hogget to go.  I was speaking to a farmer at Salisbury market this week and he has always used Turners and has no problems with them but I hope someone with first hand experience will answer - essentially I have no choice though.

wayfarer

• Joined May 2013
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2015, 09:41:11 am »
Again second hand but a friend has used Farnborough and has recommended them to me now that Laverstoke has closed.  Says it is rather odd but is happy with what they do.  I won't need to go there until September so am interested in what you think if you use them.

princesslayer

• Joined Jan 2013
  • Tadley, Hants
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2015, 02:25:25 pm »
I won't need to go til autumn at earliest, but like others I have no choice really, now Laverstoke is closed. I haven't heard anything bad about them so far, so fingers crossed!
Keeper of Jacob sheep, several hens, Michael the Cockerel and some small children.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS