Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: BBC Scotland documentary  (Read 4889 times)

fiestyredhead331

• Joined Sep 2012
  • NW Highlands
    • Facebook
BBC Scotland documentary
« on: April 23, 2015, 11:58:27 pm »
hi,
a quick update, if you haven't seen the trailer on BBC 2 tonight about the documentary series about modern Scotland. We are featured in the final programme (12th May 9pm BBC2) and I am at the end of the trailer, mop of red hair!!! link about programmes below
http://www.mentorn.tv/programmes/programme-list/how-scotland-works.aspx

viewers in England and RUK might need to catch it on the Iplayer or you might get it on BBC scotland channel
keeper of goats, sheep, pigs, ducks, chickens, turkeys, dogs, cats, goldfish and children, just don't ask me which is the most work!

mojocafa

• Joined Sep 2012
  • Angus
Re: BBC Scotland documentary
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2015, 06:29:01 am »
Mmmm. Sounds fab will press record now so won't miss :thumbsup:
pygmy goats, gsd, border collie, scots dumpys, cochins, araucanas, shetland ducks and geese,  marrans, and pea fowl in a pear tree.

Fleecewife

• Joined May 2010
  • South Lanarkshire
    • ScotHebs
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2015, 07:10:55 pm »
I watched the first two, FRH, and am impressed by the quality of the programmes.

Looking forward to seeing the final episode, with you in it, on Tuesday  :thumbsup:
"Let's not talk about what we can do, but do what we can"

There is NO planet B - what are YOU doing to save our home?

Do something today that your future self will thank you for - plant a tree

Love your soil - it's the lifeblood of your land.

mojocafa

• Joined Sep 2012
  • Angus
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2015, 08:11:23 pm »
Hear, hear fleecewife  :thumbsup:
pygmy goats, gsd, border collie, scots dumpys, cochins, araucanas, shetland ducks and geese,  marrans, and pea fowl in a pear tree.

Carse Goodlifers

• Joined Oct 2013
  • Perthshire
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2015, 09:46:33 pm »
Watched the first episode - fantastic programme.
Unfortunately missed the second but hope to catch it on the laptop this weekend.
Looking forward to the last too.

fiestyredhead331

• Joined Sep 2012
  • NW Highlands
    • Facebook
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2015, 01:50:53 pm »
link to the programme from last night, we are on during the 1st half hour  :thumbsup:

BBC iPlayer - How Scotland Works - 3. 21st Century Scots
keeper of goats, sheep, pigs, ducks, chickens, turkeys, dogs, cats, goldfish and children, just don't ask me which is the most work!

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2015, 02:15:34 pm »
You did very well - Jamie is a lovely lad!
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

Bionic

• Joined Dec 2010
  • Talley, Carmarthenshire
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2015, 03:07:01 pm »
Gosh, I don't think I could live as remotely as you do. It takes courage to do that. Jamie is a credit to you.
Life is like a bowl of cherries, mostly yummy but some dodgy bits

Fleecewife

• Joined May 2010
  • South Lanarkshire
    • ScotHebs
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2015, 03:10:34 pm »
You were all so relaxed  8)   I loved the peek we had of your smallholding and stock, and your surroundings - lovely.
It made me remember that my journey to school was an hour and a half too, and I lived in well populated rural Norfolk.  I think the Highlands must have got it organised to do such a journey, on such roads, in such a relatively short time.
"Let's not talk about what we can do, but do what we can"

There is NO planet B - what are YOU doing to save our home?

Do something today that your future self will thank you for - plant a tree

Love your soil - it's the lifeblood of your land.

fiestyredhead331

• Joined Sep 2012
  • NW Highlands
    • Facebook
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2015, 06:25:56 pm »
thanks  ;D
as the researcher and camera both said afterwards....you guys are so chilled and a little nuts  ;D

Jamie is a star, the older 2 are great too but don't see their future here, Andrew is studying outdoor pursuits in college after the summer.
As for being so remote, what they didn't say was that this is where I was brought up, my home is the house I grew up in, my parents now live in my late grandparents house along the road so I have been here since 1973 but moved back here with the boys in 2002.
 The high school Jamie goes to has a hostel but despite our remoteness we can't access it unless its special circumstances, I boarded at a bigger school over on the east coast

Ghdp

• Joined Aug 2014
  • Conwy
« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2015, 07:14:03 pm »
Thank you for letting us know this was on. I got it on iplayer. You live in the most beautiful place and Jamie is a credit to you.

claire

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Falkirk
    • Clairesgarden
    • Facebook
« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2015, 12:54:48 pm »
just got to watch this on iplayer, looks lovely there.

Carse Goodlifers

• Joined Oct 2013
  • Perthshire
« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2015, 06:50:03 pm »
It was a super programme and a super series!  :thumbsup:
Thoroughly enjoyed it.
Super scenery and location you have - bliss.

Garmoran

• Joined Dec 2012
  • Lochaber, Highland
« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2015, 02:03:27 pm »
As for being so remote, what they didn't say was that this is where I was brought up, my home is the house I grew up in, my parents now live in my late grandparents house along the road so I have been here since 1973 but moved back here with the boys in 2002.

Yup, I get a bit fed up with the "remote" tag. London and Edinburgh seem pretty remote from where I'm sitting, but my house doesn't seem remote at all  ;D

fiestyredhead331

• Joined Sep 2012
  • NW Highlands
    • Facebook
« Reply #14 on: May 18, 2015, 04:58:07 pm »
also, what they didn't mention was that this area is a National Geopark which is just a fancy name for a place with many old stones  ;D
but seriously, we actually get tourists come here and ask where do we live for the rest of the year?...they actually think this is like a big themepark and we all just spend the summer here  >:( my answer is usually oh yes I have a villa in Barbados paid for by tourists buying my eggs and jam etc all summer  ::)

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS