Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Shepherds Hut built by myself  (Read 4659 times)

Wharfedale

• Joined Jun 2014
Shepherds Hut built by myself
« on: June 26, 2014, 11:53:28 am »
*****UPDATE WEBSITE NOW AVAILABLE*******

http://www.WharfedaleShepherdHuts.com

Hi there everyone, I recently stated a business making Shepherd Huts, obviously nobody would place an order without seeing one first so I had to build one for people to have a look at, also for pictures for my website, brouchers etc.

Someone has looked at it and kindly placed a new order but unfortunately I can't make a start as I don't have the room 'till this one is sold. Normally if this was a bespoke order for someone then it would cost in the region on £14,500 which is incredibly good value on it's own but as I need the space you're in the strong position to make me an offer of arround £10,995 which is what it cost in materials alone. It has a woodburner, oak pull out sofa bed, including a specially made matress. Oak fold away table, solid oak floor, solid oak and Douglas Fir chassis, solid oak steps and full electric pack including 3 double sockets (although these can be easilly removed by replacing the t&g cladding so they looked like they were never there should you not want electric pack).

I know that a lot of people are buying them and renting them out as holiday lets for £80-£120 per night. In fact one near me, shepherds delight, are booked for the whole summer at £80 p/n

I've attached some pictures but there's some more on my facebook page here:

https://www.facebook.com/WharfedaleShepherdHuts/photos_albums

Should you be interested then my name is Richard, I live in Leeds and my number is 07910734501 or you can reply to this thread. Thanks guys.

Richard
« Last Edit: May 19, 2015, 03:53:57 pm by Wharfedale »

Roxy

• Joined May 2009
  • Peak District
    • festivalcarriages.co.uk
Re: Shepherds Hut built by myself
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2014, 04:08:41 pm »
That looks really nice!!  I am sure you will sell it.  I saw some at an Agricultural show last year, and there seemed a lot of interest.  Good luck!!

mowhaugh

• Joined Jul 2013
  • Scottish Borders
    • Facebook
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2014, 09:04:54 pm »
It is beautiful, you are very clever.  It is something we would love to have one day, but just don't have the money to invest at the moment, unfortunately.  I'm sure someone will snap it up though.

Wharfedale

• Joined Jun 2014
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2014, 11:06:00 am »
Thank you! :)

Mammyshaz

• Joined Feb 2012
  • Durham
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2014, 12:38:49 pm »
You are very talented, the amount of thought into the design is great. It will last forever. Very cheap for what it is.
 OH dreams of owning one of these and if I had somewhere for it I'd snap it up. Just the little snag of needing a smallholding first  :-\

Mel Rice

• Joined Sep 2011
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2014, 02:10:36 pm »
It looks very like the 'bauwagon' that are all over the place here....workmens huts. Here they (well most) are road worthy and taxed/registered/ tested (like ALL trailers here)...if there is any roadwork the first thing to arrive is one of them...mid morning break/lunch are VERY important here!!!!!!

Wharfedale

• Joined Jun 2014
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2014, 09:41:11 pm »
You're right Mel they do! Just googled it and it's uncanny. Barely any difference at all.  :)

Wharfedale

• Joined Jun 2014
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2014, 12:16:53 pm »
*****UPDATE WEBSITE NOW AVAILABLE*******

http://www.WharfedaleShepherdHuts.com

Wharfedale

• Joined Jun 2014
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2015, 05:44:22 pm »
I've got nothing on at the moment should anyone want anything building like a log cabin or shepherds hut. You design, i'll build!

Hevxxx99

• Joined Sep 2012
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2015, 10:07:48 pm »
Passed your details on to a friend who is looking for shepherd's huts or camping pods...

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS