Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Tyre containers  (Read 10502 times)

Wizard

• Joined Nov 2009
  • North East Lincolnshire
Re: Tyre containers
« Reply #30 on: February 13, 2010, 12:41:25 pm »
Hey up Fife if your about drop in ;D ;D ;D Dont call if you've got yer posh frock on ;D :farmer:
Don't do today what can be put off until tomorrow because today will be yesterday tomorrow

northfifeduckling

• Joined Jan 2009
  • Fife
    • North Fife Blog
« Reply #31 on: February 13, 2010, 01:07:57 pm »
what's a posh frock  ??? ::) :&>

sagehen

• Joined Jun 2009
  • Warwickshire
« Reply #32 on: February 13, 2010, 01:23:34 pm »
Absolutely agree with everyone about cleanliness and immunity. The body is not designed to live in a sterile environment because immunity against various things is strengthened only when they are exposed daily. In fact, living in too sterile an environment may be the trigger for auto immunity or an unregulated immune response (where you become highly sensitive to outside triggers).
However, we are not talking about organic bacteria/viruses/single celled organisms that can be killed by the body's immune system. We're talking about chemicals that are toxic in built up doses. If you chuck a spoonful of lead in your soup every now and then in the hope that your body may build immunity to it, chances are you're going to die from lead poisoning well before that ever happens! The kidneys and liver are the first port of call for flushing toxins out, so they will be overburdened, and whatever toxins are not flushed are stored in the body in fatty deposits. And like Molly says, chemicals do affect your body eventually. So whether or not you are against the organic movement, you can't deny that eating pesticides (for eg) daily in small doses will eventually affect you, not to mention the creosote in the soil and whatever else.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2010, 03:04:09 pm by sagehen »

Wizard

• Joined Nov 2009
« Reply #33 on: February 13, 2010, 01:31:12 pm »
Yes sagehen I read somewhere that all the old lead pipes has been removed from Balmoral Castle? Danger of lead poisoning no doubt.I'm still here after 73years 2 months and 10 days.So what! :farmer:
Don't do today what can be put off until tomorrow because today will be yesterday tomorrow

sagehen

• Joined Jun 2009
  • Warwickshire
« Reply #34 on: February 13, 2010, 02:03:32 pm »
I have to say that yes, you are an example of a healthy person, (COPD notwithstanding) but there are many others who suffer from dementia, alzheimers, arthritis etc who are not as healthy, or perhaps, as lucky, as you. Thank god (or whoever) you don't live in Balmoral castle, eh?  ;D

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #35 on: February 13, 2010, 11:14:58 pm »
My son came over today and we got lots of jobs done - fixed the kennel popholes that were sticking with the damp, completed the new duck run and got the ducks into it and the surrogate duck(light Sussex hen) removed and put back in the hen run. ::)

Then we tackled the new dog runs - starting with clearing the back of the garage that the previous owners had left as a tip. ::)
Found two large dumpy bags - so am going to take them to the far end of the back garden, find things to dump in them, including what's left of the spoil from building the conservatory, add some decent compost and have instant flower beds.  Need to get trailing stuff to go round the edges though - any ideas.  All year round stuff would be best.
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

northfifeduckling

• Joined Jan 2009
  • Fife
    • North Fife Blog
« Reply #36 on: February 14, 2010, 09:08:54 am »
I would sow Nasturtiums and Marigolds - they look nice, you can eat them in salads and they keep some beasties away (not sure which ones) from the veg  Nasturtiums do trail, you could have a look a google images if that's what you would like ? :&>

Wizard

• Joined Nov 2009
« Reply #37 on: February 14, 2010, 01:19:37 pm »
You liked it then and took it for what it was.I am told I cannot legally use lead weight on my fishing line should I go fishing?

sagehen

• Joined Jun 2009
  • Warwickshire
« Reply #38 on: February 14, 2010, 01:33:36 pm »
Are you talking to me, George?  ???

Annie, some ground cover plants would work nicely, like sedums, or aubretias, or my personal favourite is tumbling teds. You can also get some roses which work as groundcover - they don't grow tall, nor do they climb. There's one that's called, 'County of Hampshire' which is really pretty.

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • Facebook
« Reply #39 on: February 16, 2010, 08:04:58 pm »
Thanks, folks, given me some ideas - I like colour and there is precious little in my garden once the daffs are by - loads of shrubs so I do also have rhoddy and butterfly bushes.  But these are all at the front.  Only specimen fruit and ornamental trees at the back, so will get going as soon as it's warm enough to plant.  Anyone got any guesses when that will be?
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

RUSTYME

• Joined Oct 2009
« Reply #40 on: February 16, 2010, 08:06:46 pm »
september 27th !!!!!

cheers

Russ

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • Facebook
« Reply #41 on: February 16, 2010, 08:15:59 pm »
RUUUUUUSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!! ::)   :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

RUSTYME

• Joined Oct 2009
« Reply #42 on: February 16, 2010, 08:25:13 pm »
sowweee !!!!! ;D ;D ;D

cheers

Russ

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS