Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: whacker plate,  (Read 1866 times)

john and helen

• Joined Mar 2013
  • Devon
  • WARNING,,,MAY SAY WHAT HE BELIEVES
    • Facebook
whacker plate,
« on: April 08, 2015, 06:24:51 pm »
seeing as i have a few tracks to put in, i'm looking at getting a whacker plate, the idea of getting a pedestrian roller up the slope is daunting ,

anyone have experience with a whacker, i have been told to do whacks at 100mm depths to get best results

stufe35

• Joined Jan 2013
Re: whacker plate,
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2015, 07:04:42 pm »
 John, they are available in many different sizes , petrol and diesel, and some are directional ie drive themselves forwards or backwards.  Compacting in 100mm layers is good practice, obviously the less depth you try to compact in a pass the better results you will get.

These are quite expensive pieces of kit to buy, and a very limited market to sell on,  I'd suggest looking at hire for as much as you will use one.   You can dig out all your paths, place the stone, then whack another day in one hit at the end of the job.

Do initial compaction by driving your digger on them !

Are these vehicle or pedestrian tracks ?

john and helen

• Joined Mar 2013
  • Devon
  • WARNING,,,MAY SAY WHAT HE BELIEVES
    • Facebook
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2015, 08:20:46 pm »
tracks for the quad…but may be used to transport animals if ever injured, and walking tracks,
hire is good, but will tie me to time, if i had one, and then had a spare hour ..bang bang bang job done,

roughly….4000. mts of trackway over the coarse of time

wouldn't be able to use digger on the slope….wouldn't have the nerve  ;D

moomaa

• Joined Feb 2015
    • VARI Machines
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2015, 12:04:10 am »
We have sold the Handy Compactors that are very low cost - far eastern manufacture and not the highest quality, but seem to be able to stand up to the type of job you want to do. Look on line

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS