Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Carding and Spinning Workshops in Bridgnorth - May  (Read 1682 times)

wrigglefingers

• Joined Apr 2015
Carding and Spinning Workshops in Bridgnorth - May
« on: April 10, 2015, 12:10:43 pm »
I hope it's okay to post this here, if it isn't, mods please delete at pre-approval stage or put in a more appropriate place. Thank you.

Hello Folks,

I think most of you know me from Ravelry or from carding, for those of you who don't, I'm Jill and I live in Mid Wales with my beloved cat, Viola I occasionally demonstrate for Classic Carders at WonderWool and WoolFest and other shows and I helped Paul Brittain produce the videos for carding that you can see on YouTube (just type in Classic Carders).

I've been asked to let you know about the workshops I've been running in Paul's workshop just outside Bridgnorth because it might be useful to you and I had a 'complaint' from an ASH member that I'd only muttered about it on Ravelry not here, so rather than hang my head in shame at Montgomery Guild again tomorrow, I thought I'd post on here first!

We're running the next one, before the festival season really gets going, on the first Bank Holiday of May on the Sunday (3rd) and Monday (4th). I don't think we'll have an opportunity to run any more before late Autumn after this which is sad, but an indication of how busy the season is now. Day one is heavily weighted towards fleece prep, carding, blending and colour and day two is more spinning, especially spinning and plying techniques. There's space for three or four participants, as I like to give everyone plenty of attention, to make sure you make good progress and the cost is £55 per day or £100 for both days.

If you'd like any more information, post below or pm me. If you'd like to meet me, I'll be at WonderWool as usual and it would be lovely to see you. I'm friendly sort and like nothing better than to gossip about spinning stuff!

Best wishes, Jill

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS