Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Hello, and what breed?  (Read 2590 times)

lekkerlamb

• Joined Feb 2010
Hello, and what breed?
« on: February 07, 2010, 10:54:09 am »
Hi Guys,

I'm Lek, from Victoria, Australia and just found this forum and thought i'd drop in and say hi!

Mum to 3, step mum to 3.

I currently own 18 sheep (as of 19th January).

Most are F1 dorpers, but there are 4 woolies, with lambs at foot that no-one seems to know what breed they are!

Can you help? I can't figure out how to attach a photo but i'll happily email a pic to anyone who wants to take a guess.

There is one who looks similar to a borderleister (sp?) but with a different head shape. the other three have dirty brown wool (lots of it) including down the legs on one, and grey to almost black faces.

They have a huge amount of wool on them, which is coming off next week. the lambs are: 2 white (one with a black knee lol), one smokey grey and one chocolate brown.

any help would be great guys!

Lek

little blue

• Joined Jun 2009
  • Derbyshire
Re: Hello, and what breed?
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2010, 06:48:11 pm »
hello and welcome.  Sorry, I cant help with the sheep... but I'm sure someone who can will be along soon....!
Little Blue

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2010, 09:25:58 pm »
Hi and welcome! Someone smart will be able to tell you how to post pictures. But not me. ;D

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2010, 10:04:18 pm »
If you can figure out how to reduce the size of your photos to 128kbs or less it is actually easy!  Your own graphics programme (for photos) should have a facility to reduce them, but remember to rename or you'll reduce the size of the original too.
Then open a 'post reply, look below left and see 'additional options', click on that, drop down list shows 'attach' on left and 'browse' on right.  Click browse, and find the photo on your own computer (a good tip is to save the reduced sized photo to your desktop, then it's easy to find, and you can delete it afterwards.). then just click post as normal and then go back in to thsi thread and your photo shoould be in your post message.

Failing that email me the photos full size and I'll do ti for you
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

Emma

• Joined Feb 2010
  • South West Somerset
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2010, 11:08:05 am »
An easier way is just to put it up as you're profile picture  ;)
Emma's Dispatcher's . . . .  Intrested in having you're business advertised with door to door flyer's or newsletters at competitive prices then contact me at emmaogrady@hotmail.co.uk.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS