Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Jumping shetland  (Read 4037 times)

sabrina

• Joined Nov 2008
Jumping shetland
« on: February 05, 2010, 08:20:07 pm »
I am one of those people who has to keep the muck heap tidy, its the way I was trained all those years ago when I did all my horse exams and old habits die hard. The other day I had just let my two yearling Shetland colts out of the field into the front of the building ready to feed and shut them in for the night. Buddy one of the colts came cantering down to the muck heap which is on a slope I may add and launched himself into the air. He jumped onto the muck heap then turned round and jumped off again. Now this may not sound like a big deal but he is only a yearling and taking into account that the muck heap is over 3 ft high I think that is quite a jump for the young guy. I for one was quite impressed, Grand National here we come.  ;D ;D ;D :horse:

cameldairy

• Joined Aug 2009
  • Cairo, GA U.S.A.
  • South Georgia, U.S.A.
Re: Jumping shetland
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2010, 08:23:13 pm »
 :hshoe: sounds like a shoe in (no pun intended ;)) for some blue ribbons some day!  :horse: :hshoe:
1 wonderful husband, his 200 beehives,13 chickens, 8 camels, 4 zebra, 21goats,  2 pigs, 4 dogs, 1 horse, 2 ponies, 1 donkey and 1 capybara.

shetlandpaul

• Joined Oct 2008
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2010, 09:55:09 pm »
at least it was a soft landing.

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2010, 09:56:58 pm »
And just WHERE was your camera??????? ;D
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

daniellestocks

• Joined Jun 2009
  • Nr Pickering, North Yorkshire
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2010, 01:54:20 pm »
 ;D  ;D cheeky chap
I love it when them kind of things happen! never have the camera to hand tho!  ::)
When my new forest was a yearling colt he would clear a 5 bar gate to get to the girls, hed do a round about turn to get a run up and fly over! hes was only about 11/12 hh at the time!
Amazing how high the tiddlers can jump!?
Danielle  :horse: :love:

shetlandpaul

• Joined Oct 2008
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2010, 02:58:34 pm »
our colts escaped last year to go visiting some young ladies. they cleared a stock fence and swam a loch to get to them. i think you can only try to convince them its not worth the effort. if they make up there mind to do something they will do it. proper little bulldozers.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS