Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: BT connected scam  (Read 2136 times)

northfifeduckling

• Joined Jan 2009
  • Fife
    • North Fife Blog
BT connected scam
« on: February 03, 2010, 12:06:34 pm »
We reported a fault with BT , which sent out an engineer yesterday to fix the cable. As soon as we were connected again the phone rang and we were asked if we had a problem with our Broadband. After 1 hour on the phone it turned out that this was acompany selling on-line software and not BT! The question is - how did they know about our problem? someone must have passed this information on! One constantly has to be reminded not to talk to anyone who calls you these days , arrggg!  :&>

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
Re: BT connected scam
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2010, 12:10:42 pm »
Must have been someone at BT?  Should you report it to them maybe?
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

sagehen

• Joined Jun 2009
  • Warwickshire
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2010, 12:19:00 pm »
Funny that! My hubby was repairing a friend's Mac, and a she got a call asking her if her computer was being repaired and if she wanted to buy something or other. She hung up, and correctly assumed it was a cold caller, but how in the world did they know?? Weird :o

northfifeduckling

• Joined Jan 2009
  • Fife
    • North Fife Blog
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2010, 12:34:30 pm »
just who do you complain to at BT??? It all goes to the same call centre...hubby rang the Telecom ombudsman but were told we have to sort it with BT first... :&>

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2010, 01:53:23 pm »
You could try an email - http://bt.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/bt.cfg/php/enduser/cci/bt_afdpage.php?p_sid=_kWH*CTj&cat_lvl1=2702&p_cv=1.2702&p_cats=2702
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

CameronS

• Joined Aug 2009
  • North East Fife
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2010, 07:02:47 pm »
that happened to us about 8days ago, we had a fault, and we got a phone call within a short space of time, i don't know what Mum and dad did, but it hasn't reoccurred since

northfifeduckling

• Joined Jan 2009
  • Fife
    • North Fife Blog
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2010, 05:04:11 pm »
They always call to see if the line is working, but the call doesn't last more than a few seconds...I hope your mum and dad did the right thing if it was the other lot! Won't happen to us again...We told the BT broadband engineer who came out today and he took a note of the complaint and the companies' details.  :&>

sellickbhoy

• Joined Jan 2009
  • Muiravonside, near Linlithgow
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2010, 10:52:21 pm »
these days of data protection are great eh?

you should check if you allow BT to pass on your info - they might be selling more than your name and address

whatever happens, NEVER accept any business from someone calling you. they have paid handsomely for the info, it's a % game and they have to recoup it.

if you have a problem/need - contact someone off your own back to fix it.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS