Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Pip the pup  (Read 1251 times)

Kitchen Cottage

• Joined Oct 2012
Pip the pup
« on: March 25, 2015, 01:00:36 pm »
They have all started lapping lactol now (3 weeks on Monday).  Pip is the smallest girl and seems very lethargic compared to the others, she eats but not as much as they do and she seems to lose interest.  She also isn't as boisterous as the others.  A couple have really found their feet and she still seems to fall onto her back feet. 

Should I be worried or is she just slower than the others.  She isn't thin just the smallest

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
Re: Pip the pup
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2015, 11:57:32 am »
Why are they getting lactol, has your bitch dried up?  Their weaning should be well under way, and a good quality puppy food diet shouldn't need extra milk added. An occasional top up from Mum is enough.  Is she still in with them?

If one pup is noticeably less active than the others regularly i'd be inclined to have my vet check her.
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS