Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Avoiding planning permission doesn't always work...  (Read 3823 times)

Troubled Waters

• Joined Jun 2009
Avoiding planning permission doesn't always work...
« on: February 03, 2010, 09:05:51 pm »
Looks like the loop hole can't always be exploited.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/surrey/8495412.stm

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
Re: Avoiding planning permission doesn't always work...
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2010, 10:37:56 pm »
As I said - little tin gods.  They ignore his application then when he goes ahead they say he has to take it down  They can't ahve it both ways.  What a beautiful building - how dare they take that down.
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

Helencus

• Joined Feb 2010
  • NW Leicestershire
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2010, 11:18:32 pm »
Don't get me started on the tin gods that are planning enforcers .. Little people.. Empty lives.. No friends..

HappyHippy

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2010, 08:21:32 am »
I think the same about planners as the rest of you  ;) and yes, it's a beautiful house - no doubt about that.
BUT he deliberately deceived the planners - imagine if he were to get his appeal granted, there would be stacks of bales popping up all over the place. People would jump on the bandwagon and give it a try too.
Don't get me wrong - in all our years trying for PP I was sorely tempted to go ahead and just start building, after all we're in the middle of the country and who would ever see it ? But I've heard of cases in the past where councils have gotten court orders and arrived with bulldozers to demolish completed houses and knowing my luck............................................................. :(

jameslindsay

• Joined Feb 2009
  • Nr St Andrews, Fife
  • "Blossom" one of my Pygmy Goats
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2010, 08:35:50 am »
This man and his castle were featured on a TV programme last year. The programme finished by telling us that the owner had found some ancient law stating that if a property owner turns his castle over to the monarch in times of need then that castle is protected from any form of attack. He said this was his castle and he had written to the Palace and offered the Queen his castle, it obviously was ignored - but great attempt to save his home.

sellickbhoy

• Joined Jan 2009
  • Muiravonside, near Linlithgow
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2010, 10:25:19 am »
Did he actually ever submit a planning application?

from reading that wee story, it doesn't mention it.

If he undertook such a project without requesting permission then sod him. However, beofre the bulldozers move in, surely he can submit and have a planning application considered - it may well be granted.

Or if he has applied and been refused, the decision could be appealed?

Or if he has appealed and still been refused, then serves him right for trying to be a smart arse and building it.

Until i know a wee bit more on the story, i'll reserve judgement on who is in the right/wrong here.

(though i bet the planners are twats as well!! LOL)

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2010, 01:23:47 pm »
Did he actually ever submit a planning application?

from reading that wee story, it doesn't mention it.

If he undertook such a project without requesting permission then sod him. However, beofre the bulldozers move in, surely he can submit and have a planning application considered - it may well be granted.

Or if he has applied and been refused, the decision could be appealed?

Or if he has appealed and still been refused, then serves him right for trying to be a smart arse and building it.

Until i know a wee bit more on the story, i'll reserve judgement on who is in the right/wrong here.

(though i bet the planners are twats as well!! LOL)

He said in the video clip that he had sent in an application and within the statutory 2 months he had not had a reply.  That in itself is against the law.  They are supposed to acknowledge ANY communication within 2 weeks let alone two months.
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

dixie

• Joined Mar 2009
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2010, 04:20:36 pm »
I think he tried to get away with the 4 year rule! If you build and the council doesn't object then after 4 years you have automatic permission for it to be there! BUT it must not be hidden, thats where he went wrong, many people do get away with it though!!! ;) ;)

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS