Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: More goat videos  (Read 3751 times)

jameslindsay

• Joined Feb 2009
  • Nr St Andrews, Fife
  • "Blossom" one of my Pygmy Goats
More goat videos
« on: February 03, 2010, 09:20:39 am »
Took this this morning. Rosie is 14 yrs old this year and she's the one that when we got her 18 months ago could hardly walk and her ribs were sticking through her skin and her fur was falling out all over her. This is her trying to show Gizmo who the boss is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fK_KSvLxCvY

This is a continuation of the one above but this time Freddy decides he wants to see what I am up to.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ld64Jzul1vQ
« Last Edit: February 03, 2010, 09:52:26 am by jameslindsay »

Roxy

• Joined May 2009
  • Peak District
    • festivalcarriages.co.uk
Re: More goat videos
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2010, 11:40:22 am »
Rosie looks very well, especially given her age too.  All credit to you bringing her back to such good condition.  You have lovely looking goats - love to see them enjoying themselves.

jameslindsay

• Joined Feb 2009
  • Nr St Andrews, Fife
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2010, 11:47:17 am »
Thanks Roxie, Rosie is a darling. She has athritis but we give her medication which keeps her on top of it. She knows no fear and really has a great life here but we were always wary that during the winters she would go down hill but even with the severe weather we have just had she seems to be thriving. When we rescued her we also rescued Toggi, he is 11 this year and is more of the old retired gentlemen type. He is very gentle and has much less energy than Rosie. The 2 of them had a dreadful few years before they came here but now they are Lord and Lady Muck!

sagehen

• Joined Jun 2009
  • Warwickshire
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2010, 12:25:41 pm »
I really have to stop watching these goat videos, or I may end up visiting Little Blue and bringing a  :goat: home with me!

jameslindsay

• Joined Feb 2009
  • Nr St Andrews, Fife
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2010, 12:29:13 pm »
I really have to stop watching these goat videos, or I may end up visiting Little Blue and bringing a  :goat: home with me!

Ha ha ha, they do make brilliant pets. :) And Littleblue is always saying she has too many!!!!

Roxy

• Joined May 2009
  • Peak District
    • festivalcarriages.co.uk
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2010, 12:49:10 pm »
I started with one goat 35 years ago - although my dad kept a goat  for milk, when I was younger. Herd increased to two ....then eight.  I am now up to 12, with another due to kid soon, and 5 more unwanted goats arriving in the next few weeks.....although I may have a home for one of my castated pygmy boys, so my total will be ......16!!

Thank goodness I have plenty of room for all my livestock!!

I hope your goats live for many more years,James.  I have goats live to their mid teens.  Had one go to 17, and she was a Toggenburg!!

little blue

• Joined Jun 2009
  • Derbyshire
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2010, 07:55:04 pm »

Ha ha ha, they do make brilliant pets. :) And Littleblue is always saying she has too many!!!!

Hey!   I only have 3 (on one of those is only on loan... but watch this space!!)  Mind you, I come on here to feel normal - my friends, family & colleagues think we're barmy with the few animals we've got!

Its Roxy who has the unofficial goat sanctuary, bless her - think she should get Charity Status!

James, your goats are lovely.
Is it CAE she has, or just arthritis? What medication does she have to have, poor thing?!
Little Blue

jameslindsay

• Joined Feb 2009
  • Nr St Andrews, Fife
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2010, 08:00:52 pm »
Its athritis that Rosie suffers. We give her Danillon sachets every few night and every 6 weeks or so she gets an injection from the vet which really makes a difference for her. Although saying that it has been a few months since she needed the injection. It would be hard not to like this old lady.

little blue

• Joined Jun 2009
  • Derbyshire
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2010, 08:06:55 pm »
She is gorgeous, and of course I love the toggies - just like my little (!) Geraldine!
My late father - in -laws dog is 16, and seems to be getting more arthritic - we've stuck to natural remedies so far, he doesnt appear in any real pain. I just wondered how vets' treatments might vary between 'pets' and 'livestock'....
Little Blue

jameslindsay

• Joined Feb 2009
  • Nr St Andrews, Fife
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2010, 08:25:12 pm »
Well one thing for sure the "pets" medicine will be more more expensive than that of any "livestock"

ballingall

• Joined Sep 2008
  • Avonbridge, Falkirk
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2010, 11:17:17 pm »
Good to see them all looking so well. Rosie looks full of life and as if she will go on for years and years yet.

Beth

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS